Cotton Bowl - Must Win

I think that this game will show a lot about Callahan. He needs to have beaten a good team. I think going 9-5 with two straight losses to end the season will probably render this season about the same as last year. In order to show he is making progess, the Huskers need to win this game. It would be a very disappointing end of the year, losing to all the top 10 teams that they played and losing 5 games also. But winning this game would do a lot for the program and Callahan because it would show that they can compete on a national level with high profile teams. It is more of a proving bowl game, they need to prove that they are good and not end the season with a loss. Also its important for Taylor to redeem himself after the OU disaster. It would be the biggest win for Callahan and then Nebraska could build on that going into next year.

I agree that this is a big game, as they all are. But is it a must win??

NU is not a top 10 caliber team yet, they have proven that, probably not even a top 15 rated team.

I think that the recruting class he landed speaks highly of what HS coaches and players think about him and where the program is heading.

But like you said this could be a spring board to the future, hopefully in 48 hours we can revile in a victory and look forward to next year.

damn straight skippy.........the staff needs to step up and coach a great game, if they call a good game, i think the kids will execute it..to me this game is more about the coaches.....if the kids fail to execute i can handle that, if they don't match up athletically, i can handle that, if the coaches do a piss-poor job with schemes then it will be an unacceptable loss and a damn long off-season......IMO

I agree that this is a big game, as they all are. But is it a must win??

NU is not a top 10 caliber team yet, they have proven that, probably not even a top 15 rated team.

I think that the recruting class he landed speaks highly of what HS coaches and players think about him and where the program is heading.

But like you said this could be a spring board to the future, hopefully in 48 hours we can revile in a victory and look forward to next year.

I think its a must win in terms of keeping the great recruiting going. We landed a great class this year and a win in the Cotton Bowl will only act as a cytalyst for future recruiting. Quality recruits will come quicker and more of them.

I think we had a good year. Won some we could have lost, lost some we should have won. Next year was supposed to be the year it all came together. With H.Beck ready to take over the QB, Lucky ready to be one of the top running backs in the nation. At least thats what a few of us were posting two recruiting classes ago. Auburn is going to be a tough,tough match up. If we can hold our own with them win or lose a close one, I think it will show how far this team has come under Coach Callahan. 5 loses doesn't sound all that good to me either but other than the Okl, Okl.st games we played a lot better than last year. "USC game was the only game that the Huskers didn't show up for." Will never understand that game plan.

I don't see why 2007 can't be what a lot of us were pointing to. Keller should be better at QB than Beck

because he has the experience at running a top program or at least as good as Beck would have been. It's been roller coaster ride this year and I just hung on and enjoyed the ride.

GO BIG RED BEAT AUBURN.

GBR!!!

I think we had a good year. Won some we could have lost, lost some we should have won. Next year was supposed to be the year it all came together. With H.Beck ready to take over the QB, Lucky ready to be one of the top running backs in the nation. At least thats what a few of us were posting two recruiting classes ago. Auburn is going to be a tough,tough match up. If we can hold our own with them win or lose a close one, I think it will show how far this team has come under Coach Callahan. 5 loses doesn't sound all that good to me either but other than the Okl, Okl.st games we played a lot better than last year. "USC game was the only game that the Huskers didn't show up for." Will never understand that game plan.

I don't see why 2007 can't be what a lot of us were pointing to. Keller should be better at QB than Beck

because he has the experience at running a top program or at least as good as Beck would have been. It's been roller coaster ride this year and I just hung on and enjoyed the ride.

GO BIG RED BEAT AUBURN.

GBR!!!

Keller is better than Taylor. Beck wouldn't have started if he stayed. It was a possibility he would have stayed at #3 on the depth chart behind Ganz.

I think that this game will show a lot about Callahan. He needs to have beaten a good team. I think going 9-5 with two straight losses to end the season will probably render this season about the same as last year. In order to show he is making progess, the Huskers need to win this game. It would be a very disappointing end of the year, losing to all the top 10 teams that they played and losing 5 games also. But winning this game would do a lot for the program and Callahan because it would show that they can compete on a national level with high profile teams. It is more of a proving bowl game, they need to prove that they are good and not end the season with a loss. Also its important for Taylor to redeem himself after the OU disaster. It would be the biggest win for Callahan and then Nebraska could build on that going into next year.

this game is important but is it a game that will make or break the 2007 season? i dont think so but who knows! all that anyone can say about this game is that it will give the Huskers a huge amount of momentum going into the next season.

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!! :horns2:bonez

One game doesn't prove anything either way. Beating Auburn would be a good start to next season, but only being consistantly competitive with the elites proves a team is of elite caliber. We're not top tier yet.

Weaker teams beat the big boys fairly often in college ball. Beating Auburn once doesn't prove we could beat them 8/9 times out of 10.

yes 10-4 looks a lot better than 9-5. but 9-5 does not mean that this season was a failure. i want a competetive game and not make mistakes.

a win for the seniors will be great for them and it will start things off for next season on the right foot just like the win against Michigan last year.

GBR