Bottle Thrower

I had the pleasure of traveling to Dallas and cheering for the Huskers on New Years Day. The game didn't turn out as I had hoped and some of the play calling was questionable but it was a fun day still. The only thing that blew worse than the final score was the (I would assume) :waste drunk jack-ass :waste that tossed a beer bottle towards the Nebraska bench late in the fourth qtr.. The bottle came flying from the heart of the Husker Nation faithful that were in the lower level near the 20 opposite the tunnel. I was row 1 up top and couldn't believe it, what a maroon (to quote Moe Howard). I just hope that person was called out by a whole lotta members of The Nation sitting near by. Granted most people were probably as pissed as the bottle tosser was. We had blown the big 4th down play after somehow losing track of the play clock, rushing to the line while the clock was ticking down and then sailing the pass way outta bounds (near the location of the flying Budweiser), instead of burning our last time-out. Certaintly some of us with me definately included, have been a little too lit up at sporting events but gimme a break. We really should expect classier behavior from a Nebraska fan. I'm in no way a bleeding heart, water-lilley, I just love Nebraska, The Heartland and everything that it stands for. Tossing beer bottles and accepting it as appropiate behavior arn't a part of that. Not one bit. I really hope that I hear that the bottle tosser was dealt with by the Nation and stadium security. Big Red Forever.

I had the pleasure of traveling to Dallas and cheering for the Huskers on New Years Day. The game didn't turn out as I had hoped and some of the play calling was questionable but it was a fun day still. The only thing that blew worse than the final score was the (I would assume) :waste drunk jack-ass :waste that tossed a beer bottle towards the Nebraska bench late in the fourth qtr.. The bottle came flying from the heart of the Husker Nation faithful that were in the lower level near the 20 opposite the tunnel. I was row 1 up top and couldn't believe it, what a maroon (to quote Moe Howard). I just hope that person was called out by a whole lotta members of The Nation sitting near by. Granted most people were probably as pissed as the bottle tosser was. We had blown the big 4th down play after somehow losing track of the game clock, rushing to the line while the clock was ticking down and then sailing the pass way outta bounds (near the location of the flying Budweiser), instead of burning our last time-out. Certaintly some of us with me definately included, have been a little too lit up at sporting events but gimme a break. We really should expect classier behavior from a Nebraska fan. I'm in no way a bleeding heart, water-lilley, I just love Nebraska, The Heartland and everything that it stands for. Tossing beer bottles and accepting it as appropiate behavior arn't a part of that. Not one bit. I really hope that I hear that the bottle tosser was dealt with by the Nation and stadium security. Big Red Forever.

I stayed home , so I just threw bottles at my TV set. You're gonna have a bad fan or two from every teams fan base. I wouldnt get too worked up about it , and hopefully other fans around him put him in his place.

I had the pleasure of traveling to Dallas and cheering for the Huskers on New Years Day. The game didn't turn out as I had hoped and some of the play calling was questionable but it was a fun day still. The only thing that blew worse than the final score was the (I would assume) :waste drunk jack-ass :waste that tossed a beer bottle towards the Nebraska bench late in the fourth qtr.. The bottle came flying from the heart of the Husker Nation faithful that were in the lower level near the 20 opposite the tunnel. I was row 1 up top and couldn't believe it, what a maroon (to quote Moe Howard). I just hope that person was called out by a whole lotta members of The Nation sitting near by. Granted most people were probably as pissed as the bottle tosser was. We had blown the big 4th down play after somehow losing track of the game clock, rushing to the line while the clock was ticking down and then sailing the pass way outta bounds (near the location of the flying Budweiser), instead of burning our last time-out. Certaintly some of us with me definately included, have been a little too lit up at sporting events but gimme a break. We really should expect classier behavior from a Nebraska fan. I'm in no way a bleeding heart, water-lilley, I just love Nebraska, The Heartland and everything that it stands for. Tossing beer bottles and accepting it as appropiate behavior arn't a part of that. Not one bit. I really hope that I hear that the bottle tosser was dealt with by the Nation and stadium security. Big Red Forever.

I stayed home , so I just threw bottles at my TV set. You're gonna have a bad fan or two from every teams fan base. I wouldnt get too worked up about it , and hopefully other fans around him put him in his place.

people are idiots. most of them are stupid frat guys who do that crap. It does suck they were throwing it at the bench...but it's even more retarded when they throw it at the fans sitting below them. I've seen people in memorial stadium throw stuff into the crowd below, and even at the KC game guys were chucking snowballs. I would have been pissed if I had had one hit me.

I was surprised to see bottles in the stands while watching the game on tv. I thought that lesson was learned years ago when a ref was hit with a bottle at a NFL game. Who knew the Cotton Bowl organizers were so f'n stupid?

The Citrus Bowl still sells bottled beer (and I love being a UCF student because of it) but it's those neat plastic ones.

Talk about alcohol abuse! That fan should of been tossed for wasting some good Budweiser...

actually, IMO....he should have been thrown out for DRINKING Budweiser.

:yeah:cheers Although I Think that Benny might have been intentionally creating a paradox wtih "good Budweiser" therefore saying that nothing was wasted.

i always thought it was a bit rediculous to "get physical' over a sporting event....(hypocrite? just a little.)

Other than a few players jawjacking each other on the field which is expected in a game. I thought the overall sportsmanship was great amongst players and fans. A lot of Auburn fans relate to you Husker fans. Our teams were similiar and our fans are similiar. Thats what you call CLASS. Now lets go find some offense for crying out loud LOL

WARRRRR EAGLE!!!!