2007 Tough Schedule

I can see that those who haven't the foresight to look ahead to next year and consider the potentially disastrous season before us, do not really have the football acumen to look at the coaching staff for what it is. We have as yet to see a West Coast Offense, the defense went from leading the country in sacks to a dismal showing this year, and the special teams is nothing to brag about either. This team has not beaten a top ten opponent since 2001, a flat second half in more games then I care to remember, and gambling at moments in the game without regard to the consequences of the teams momentum.

Next year, we possibly could have to meet 5 top 25 opponents and two tens in the first three weeks of the season. All the bragging in the world by the players will not help them when the potential number one team USC comes to town with a Heisman Trophy candidate in Josh Booty and Jarrett at wide receiver.

All of you who think this team is headed in the right direction will get a quick taste of foot in mouth about this coaching staff come September next year, especially if Callahan decides to call the game the same way he did at USC this year.

I will take the ridicule for my posts and replys, but do not forget me next season when the truth appears. And if by some miracle I prove to be wrong, I shall take my lumps with humility, because I'm hoping to have to, it would mean that the program is actually headed back to where it should be.

Coach,

If only we could talk Joe Daily into coming back. Double darn dang it. I know that would end all of our problems.

Your posts are so enlightning. Your knowledge of recruiting and the results amaze all of us.

Thank you for all your words of wisdom to all of us low life idiots.

Do you coach T Ball or Badmitton?

We have enough negative nancy's around here and don't need another one so do us all a favor and go the hell away!!!!! :madash

look, the guy has a valid argument......in truth it is not only coaching, but overall lack of real top notch talent compared to TOP 10 teams at least........my gawd, what a display of great talent the last few days in the upper tier bowl games.....if you watched closely you could see we are still light years away from getting there.....headed the right direction, sure.......getting there?..relax and pack a lunch, it will be a long trip

Coach,

If only we could talk Joe Daily into coming back. Double darn dang it. I know that would end all of our problems.

Your posts are so enlightning. Your knowledge of recruiting and the results amaze all of us.

Thank you for all your words of wisdom to all of us low life idiots.

Do you coach T Ball or Badmitton?

Actually, I played football my entire life in Omaha and then attended College and did same. Have been in the military the last 18 years, got out and coached high school football in Connecticut. Boy, are they light years away from what I learned in weightlifting 25 plus years ago. Been a weightlifting/conditioning coordinator, train high school athletes, and our nations military men/women. I do not claim to know everything, but I have played, watched, and coached football since I could walk and on that note, I can say a few intelligent things about the game with some accuracy Sir.

All the bragging in the world by the players will not help them when the potential number one team USC comes to town with a Heisman Trophy candidate in Josh Booty and Jarrett at wide receiver.

uh, I hope you mean John David Booty...and not Josh Booty?? unless they're letting former NFL players come back and play for USC.

my guess is USC falls short again next year.

All the bragging in the world by the players will not help them when the potential number one team USC comes to town with a Heisman Trophy candidate in Josh Booty and Jarrett at wide receiver.

uh, I hope you mean John David Booty...and not Josh Booty?? unless they're letting former NFL players come back and play for USC.

my guess is USC falls short again next year.

I was thinking the same about the "Josh Booty" comment..... :lol:

Ok first of all the reason our defense took a dive this year was on our secondary. If you cant trust the secondary to cover for more than two seconds then how do you blitz or do stunts or anything like that. Basically bc Cos knew that he couldnt do that the majority of the time he pretty much just had to say ok big boys go rush the passer as fast as you can. Even then it wasnt good enough because there was always someone open. As far as our offense you will see and I will take my hits if I am wrong (which i wont be) Nebraska will have an outstanding offense next year. Everyone returning and a potential heisman candidate at Quarterback with a MUCH improved line and receivers. Could next year get out of hand? You bet your ars it could, i dont think it will though. Aside from Wake Forest, Missou, and Texas I think all of our tough games are at home, which helps a lot. I am not saying USC will be a cake walk but they are beatable. Its not like we just shouldnt show up for the game bc we dont have a chance. I also doubt Jarret will come back. Two regular season losses, win the Big 12 championship and win the fiesta bowl, you heard it here first.

'07 schedule looks like it could be a tough one. But USC is likely to loose Jarrett, and possibly more. Several times this season Jarrett looked to be carrying 'SC. There a lot of questions out there for next year, and we aren't the only team with things to answer.

I say lets get through spring ball and into pre season camp before we start worry about any apocalypse.

Actually, I played football my entire life in Omaha and then attended College and did same. Have been in the military the last 18 years, got out and coached high school football in Connecticut. Boy, are they light years away from what I learned in weightlifting 25 plus years ago. Been a weightlifting/conditioning coordinator, train high school athletes, and our nations military men/women. I do not claim to know everything, but I have played, watched, and coached football since I could walk and on that note, I can say a few intelligent things about the game with some accuracy Sir.

Well, I never coached football, and I always appreciate insight from those who have - but your post didn't exude football expertise...it was just another negative rant (all this negativism is really getting tiring). I thought our defense did an outstanding job - especially toward the latter part of the season. Even our corners should significant improvement. And, next year, our defense should be even more solid. Offensively, we showed that we can move the ball either running or passing and that we'll take chances - next year shouldn't be any different. Talent-wise, I think we will be able to compete with ANY team next year - yep, even USC. Callahan has done a magnificent job in getting talent back (the cupboard was essentially bare when he took over three years ago). We were a better team this year than last year. And, next year, we will be a better team than this year.

Well, I never coached football, and I always appreciate insight from those who have - but your post didn't exude football expertise...it was just another negative rant (all this negativism is really getting tiring). I thought our defense did an outstanding job - especially toward the latter part of the season. Even our corners should significant improvement. And, next year, our defense should be even more solid. Offensively, we showed that we can move the ball either running or passing and that we'll take chances - next year shouldn't be any different. Talent-wise, I think we will be able to compete with ANY team next year - yep, even USC. Callahan has done a magnificent job in getting talent back (the cupboard was essentially bare when he took over three years ago). We were a better team this year than last year. And, next year, we will be a better team than this year.

evidently you didn't watch many bowl games......there are a ton of teams out there that have way better skill position players than we have.....yes, we should be better, but we will not be good enough to compete

with USC and Texas and we may stumble on the road against others as well......on top of that some of our position coaches are questionable.....9-4 would be another good year, all things considered, but sometime along the way this team needs a break thru game or two

If you ask me, Boise St proved you don't need highly ranked skilled players to beat a good team. It's the similar to the old adage: you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You can have all the skill players you want but if they won't live up to their expections and ability, what good does it do? I'd rather have a team full of 3 star recruits who want to learn and want to play their best as opposed to a team with several 4 and 5 star recruits who never pan out because they don't live up to the hype or think they're owed something. Boise St is proof mediocre recruits who have a desire to win will outplay and outperform a team with what should be superior players.