OT Aaron Schulte

Huskerhank is right, I graduated from the same high school he is from in 2002 and people are saying the same thing. He is lazy, not strong, hes a cupcake who doesnt like to hit and very imobile. Actually one of the my other friends who was also a lineman from my school who went to nebraska said it made him feel like less of a lineman since they offered shulte. I also heard he is dumb as a rock. This kid is certainly being offered on potential alone.

Actually Cally is smart on this one.

He may be dumb, slow, and lazy. But Cali offered him a greyshirt. He plays with the team for one year, and then the next year he will get a scholarship.

One year with the Huskers, and this kid will either become a man and a football player, or he will quit on his own because he is getting the crap kicked out of him every play of every practice by the defensive linemen.

We see this every year with half a dozen kids who quit the team because they know they will never play a game for the Huskers.

We can always use more O-lineman, and this one is a freebee for Cali.

My guess is by the end of conditioning next fall he will quit the team, if not before then.

But you never know the heart of each recruit, every year some of the top draft picks were not even given consideration by any major college team coming out of high school. The recruting business is a strange business to say the least.

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 months later...