Do we sign anybody else or are we done?

does that include congdon scholly?

Our problem right now isn't total number of schollies. The problem is we can only take 25 in this class. Currently we have 31. We have 4 that count against last year (the JuCo's). Gives us 27. We have a grayshirt to give to Crick. Now we have 26 against this class. So can we give out two more grayshirts?

Well will Fabian pay for his cousins way for a year? He has the money. Will Ahman pay for his nephew for in state tuition for a year? He has the money but he didn't do it for Tierre to my knowlege. Will the Kicker take a grayshirt?

Those are the three candidates for grayshirts imo (aside from Crick's). If two of those three happen then we can take one more. I am all for taking Jason Peters. At this point I think everyone else has missed out including Amie (Fleener has already publicly said he wants to go to stanford and is awaiting admissions).

Come on Jason Peters!

I dont think some of these guys will make it in grade wise so we wont have to worry about being over .

According to Bulldog16, a poster on Huskerpedia.com, these 3 guys are at risk of not making it grade-wise:

Wallace Franklin

Demetrius Davis

Joseph Townsend

I normally wouldn't take some posters "knwoledge" this seriously, but Bulldog16 knows someone with-in the program, and usually has a heads up on commits and decommits (although, to his credit, he doesn't share privliged information until it is "public"), so I usually trust his information.

Davis would make sense, since he had sat out an entire year of football because his grades were so bad. Franklin wouldn't surprise me either. To be quite honest, with the recent additions of the slew of DT's, we could afford to lose Davis as an academic casualty, and I am not sure we were in dire need of Franklin in the first place.

I don't understand the point of spending time and money on recruits that had so much trouble with grades.

Good player or not when it comes down to the end and a guy is eligible you have just wasted all that time on them when you could have been working on someone else.

First of all, it's hard to tell ahead of time if a recruit is going to qualify or not, especially the JUCO ones. In the case of Franklin, had he passed all his classes at Butler, he would have qualified. Apparently he did not. Also in Franklin's case we recruited him out of high school, so we probably didn't have to spend a lot of "time and money" recruiting him this time around.

As for high school guys not qualifing, it's even harder in most cases to tell if they are going to qualify or not. Most have the actual grades to qualify but not the test scores. Say you are recruiting a kid that you really want but he doesn't have the test score to qualify so you stop recruitng him early on. Then, later in the year he gets that test score and you want back in but it's too late. You may have saved that "time and money" but you missed out on the recruit. Callahan is making it a priority to not accept kids until it's almost a sure thing they are qualified. Sometimes even after taking this precaution, some kids just can't make the grade, it happens at almost every school.

This is an unbelievable recruiting class we have put together this year and an academic casualty or two is not going to effect it enough to make a huge difference, that's the beauty of developing quality depth.