OLB Arthur Brown

I would think right now we would have a good shot at him! He obviously has quite a bit of intrest in Nebraska is he came up to Omaha and then made his way down to Lincoln on his own time during his Spring Break. The fact that his uncle played at Nebraska can only work in our favor. Hopefully he can help Arthur make the right decision and I'm sure we're making it well aware he has a great chance at a lot of playing time early.

Wow! 6'3 220 pounds and runs a 4.5 40. This guy is amazing and would be a star anywhere he goes. It's good to see that he has husker ties in his family. Witchita Kansas isn't too far a way from lincoln either. I think we have a good shot at landing this kid. :thumbs

And believe me, I saw some clips of him and he is fast...legit closing speed. and he's a hitter. He is as good as your going to find in high school.

This would be our biggest get in the entire recruting season. Why you ask, well I will tell you. For one, he will be a great linebacker in college. He is big, physical, and fast, and will be a playmaker in whatever defense he decides to play for, and secondly, getting him gives us a great shot at getting his brother Bryce two years from now, who may actually be a bigger get than Arthur. They are both tremendous players.

• 2 weeks later...

Now it isn't for certain whether Brown will be up for the Spring Game or not.

Stoopsie has gotten in his head that OU doesn't have that much depth at LB. But just doing a little bit of research, these are the LB recruits who will be on the roster next year ...

Demarrio Pleasant (JR) - 4 star

Austin Box (FR) - 4 star

Ryan Reynolds (SO) - 5 star

Mike Reed (JR) - 5 star

Lewis Baker (JR) - 4 star

Lamont Robinson (FR) - 4 star

Curtis Lofton (SO) - 4 star

Brandon Crow (FR) - 3 star

Travis Lewis (FR) - 4 star

Lewis could be a RB, but with Murray, Brown, Madu and Jeremie Calhoun coming in for '08, I think he will ultimately be a LB. They also have a LB recruit already on board for '08.

Pleasant and Baker are the only two graduating after this upcoming season.

We graduate our top 4 LB's and will be returning very little experience for the '08 season.

Hopefully his uncle Lawrence Pete or one of our coaches points this fact out to him about the LB situation.

I dont remember seeing him there but there were so many recruits it was hard to see them all....

He was named scouts #1 player , but I didnt see us on his intrest list and it seems like we have a pretty good shot at this guy.

This would be the best recruit this staff has ever pulled in if we could get him.