OLB Arthur Brown

My thoughts (and only my thoughts) are that we sit #3 right now behind OU and USC. The one thing we are doing a good job of is actively recruiting his brother as well. I've heard they really want to play together. OU has formed a really good relationship with Arthur, but they are stacked at LB. Also, they have 2 very high rated RB's and this may impact Arthur's brother, who is also a RB. USC is USC and pretty much sells itself. It is the Nebraska of the mid 90's with a much better location. Of course they are stacked at every position as well.

We certainly aren't out of it for them, but we aren't in the lead either. It would be an absolutely amazing recruiting job to get these guys, but pulling Marlon out of Cali (with a USC offer) was pretty amazing as well.

Ya and if he and his brother want to play together then we should be in Arthurs ear telling him how they have 5 five star running backs, and 2 four star backs none of them older then a sophmore. They also have about 6 linebackers all of whom are 4 star or higher coming back when he is going to be in college. The same goes for Oklahoma, just not as many of high quality players. They do have two proabable five star running backs out of this class, maybe four star, and one already on campus that was a four star coming out of high school. Castille will be a force in my opinion, however I think Helu moves positions and Mendoza is more of a situational back. I dont know much about Okafor, however I would think both Browns would look at Nebraska and say that it is not far away, it is a big time program on a major rise, and they would both play if not start very early in their careers.

I would think his relation with the program might help, but when your that highly rated and can go wherever you choose things can change. This would be the biggest recruit of the BC era and possibly the highest rated guy Nebraska has ever got.

I think he understands his situation and just has to build relationships with the programs staffs and make a decision, hopefully we are it :bonez

• 3 weeks later...

i agree, Cally & Friends need to be in Arthur's and Bryce's ears telling them that when they first step foot in Lincoln, they will have a great opportunity of starting right away. If (by the act of god) we can get Arthur Brown (and then probably Bryce Brown in '09), this will give us a legitimate shot at being the #1 recruiting class in the country for 08.

BRING HIM HOME CALLY, BRING HIM HOME!!