S Brandon Leslie

Lets just say Leslie is beginning to think he is more 'Plan B', and he isn't fond of that idea.

Coaches need to show him the love, possibly even bump his visit up if they want to make sure they can secure his commit.

What S or DB do we have rated higher? Or is it a LB potentially moving into that position (Brandon Magee)?

Lets just say Leslie is beginning to think he is more 'Plan B', and he isn't fond of that idea.

Coaches need to show him the love, possibly even bump his visit up if they want to make sure they can secure his commit.

What S or DB do we have rated higher? Or is it a LB potentially moving into that position (Brandon Magee)?

I'm not surprised by your comments BigWillie as I have seen this coming. I agree with you...if the coaches want him and like what he can offer, then let's secure him. If not, let's make sure we get our best targets who are still out there...to me that would mean D'Anton Lynn, Victor Johnson, Jarrell Barbour, and potentially ATH recruits Adrian Bushell and Kye Staley. Others (who are probably lesser targets than Leslie) might be Stephen Hicks, Kenji Jackson, ATH DeVonte Christopher, C.J. Cox and the Juco Maurice Harvey. Our recruit Keelan Johnson is also a darkhorse safety prospect and Jon Levorson may fit that bill as well. But, I think we still need to pull a major saftey recruit into this class. I think we are in good position having him take his visit with us at end of Sept. after he visits GA Tech. We should know by then where we stand and where he stands in the process. I know it must be frustrating for him but at same time coaches have to recruit others and cannot stop their recruitment of other talented prospects at his same position....sounds like he is interpreting that as not being shown "the love" and perhaps GA Tech is able to capitalize on that saying he is their highest/only target...anyone know who is on GA Tech's board at safety?

I won't even try and pretend like I know who the coaches would have rated higher.

• 1 month later...

JMO, we botched this one.

The guy was a stud as just a sophmore, but missed his entire junior season. He came back to dominate the AA camp this past January to show that his time off meant nothing. Now, you see GA Tech going into California to pull this kid out.

Leslie would've been a Husker months ago if we would have just shown him the love. Too bad.

Good luck to Brandon, though.

Man that really sucks!!!! Why did we have to lose this guy?!

Because we are after better prospects!!!11!!!!1

That's not an opinion, it's how it is. Our coaches more or less told him to wait and see if we have a spot for him, we have guys like Bushell who we would rather have!!!!!!

Bushell and Leslie have nothing to do with each other.

Also, was the sarcasm and mocking really needed?

Yes, I think it was needed. It seems that whenever we don't get a recruit we offerred some people think it's the end of the world.

I have heard from very reliable sources (not Rivals or Scout) that the coaches pretty much decided they have better prospects than Leslie. If you think the coaches "botched" this one, fine that's your opinion. But I think it's pretty obvious they believe we are in on better prospects.

Lets not pretend we have 'sources', unless of course you are willing to admit he is inside the program, or a 'student' of the university. :)

In any case, you take the track record of GA Tech coaches in their ability to coach up defensive prospects and then compare that to ours. You take that into account, then figure in that they went to California to recruit this kid (where they never go) and it isn't hard to figure out he is a pretty darn good prospect.

You also have to remember we offered this kid verbally during his sophmore season. The only reason he isn't rated higher is because his film is from his sophmore year, which means, no one can gauge him like every other prospect we have seen.

Indeed a "student'

Anyway, if you believe Leslie to be so good, why do you think the coaches slow played him, which the OBVIOUSLY did. I'm not saying it was the right decision, because maybe he will turn out to be an all-american, but you can't truly believe the coaches went after him hard, especially in the last few months. Why would they do this? Apparently you think they screwed up and he is a better prospect than they think, because if the coaches thought as highly of him as you seem to, they would have certainly made a more concerted effort to get him to visit.