Linebackers

With the loss of Travis Lewis, in 2008 what will the Huskers do only brining in 2 linebackers in this current class. Dillard will be the only senior with lawrence and stafford being sophomores.

will helu become a linebacker?

Good question! Man losing lewis just ruined my day! Not too many times does a LB who runs a 4.34 40 come along. :dunno:angry:

With the loss of Travis Lewis, in 2008 what will the Huskers do only brining in 2 linebackers in this current class. Dillard will be the only senior with lawrence and stafford being sophomores.

We don't know we officially lost Lewis yet

Well according to that certian"Paid" service it's all but a done deal. Yes I know how those morons are at posting those "breaking" stories too! ;)

We don't know we officially lost Lewis yet

Well according to that certian"Paid" service it's all but a done deal. Yes I know how those morons are at posting those "breaking" stories too! ;)

Rivals has dropped him from the commit list, Scout still has him up. Who knows.

No one knows for sure. Rivals is known for posting "breaking" stories, then getting burned. Scout hasn't been able to confirm either way.

Rivals is good, if you like getting yelled and being talked down to by the moderators that you give money to.

This really pisses me off too, I just want to start saying that. I think Lewis was the best overall athlete in this class, maybe any class cally has had so far. He was 220 lbs and ran a 4.3 40, that doesnt come along very often. With that said we are still in OK position at linebacker. Dillard will get a medical redshirt which makes him a sophmore. With Lawrence and Stafford coming in that gives us a pretty good lineup at linebacker. I think Lawrence will get moved to strong side, Dillard will be middle and Stafford will be weak. That gives us a lot of speed at the linebacker position. Also I think that Covey might contribute some in the future as well. Cally is doing a good job recruiting and so is Busch, whos to say that they wont get a huge linebacker recruit next year. Looking at the junior AA teams they are medium and offered a ton of the linebackers. I think we are OK, but I am still pissed off that we lost this guy. Who knows maybe Helu or Washington will move to linebacker now and be better than Lewis would have.

I have read that Culbert will bulk up and switch to will.

That seems like it would be a great fit for him. He doesn't need to add too much weight, maybe 20 lbs. Do they dare redshirt him this year so that he can put on weight and be ready to step in and be the guy in 08? That may not be feasible because he is an integral part of specials teams right now.

I have read that Culbert will bulk up and switch to will.

That seems like it would be a great fit for him. He doesn't need to add too much weight, maybe 20 lbs. Do they dare redshirt him this year so that he can put on weight and be ready to step in and be the guy in 08? That may not be feasible because he is an integral part of specials teams right now.

He can be more than half way to the 20 by fall camp so there should be no need to redshirt him. I think it is a good idea as well.