Scout and Rivals Disservice

Before we all get too worked up today over today's results, I think we need to look at the real recruiting class, not today's signed class.

The real recruiting class should be analyzed 2 months from now, not today. Today is nothing more than Scout and Rivals Hype. Two months from now we will find out who actually will qualify and who will be JUCO.

Was it last year or 2 years ago, when Florida state had a top-5 recruiting class, then in June, we found out that four of their top players would not be joining the team, they would all be 5-star JUCO players in the fall.

This year I bet there were at least 20 players Nebraska stopped recruiting because they will be JUCO this fall. Look at Mr. Noel Devine, the recruiting services are still Woowing over him. A 5-star JUCO bound player is just as awesome as any other JUCO bound player for helping the Huskers this fall.

Before we get pissed off by Florida, USC, and Tennesse's recruing classes, and how Nebraska was screwed over at signing day, lets wait a few month's, and see how many players in the Top 10 classes end up JUCO this fall.

Scout and Rivals should do their real rankings of classes in June, not Today. But they are in the business of making money, and hype makes money, not thorough analysis of February's classes. In the world of Media, that amounts to yesterday's news, which doesn't make them money.

I agree. Recruiting rankings don't mean squat IMO. I've said it before and I'll keep saying, I'd much rather have a 2 or 3 Star player who wants to be on field and will give 110% than a 5 star prima donna player who thinks the world should be served to him on a silver platter. I think we did very well considering the balance of players on both sides of the ball.