Lucky hospitalized?

what the hell is that about? He doesnt appear to do any "serious" drugs judging by the shape he is in. From my experiences you cant overdose on weed, so my guess would be some type of pills. This is a little more comforting to look on the bright side. At least I would think they could pump his stomach and get him in recovery, however I would think that if they could do that they would have already, so I am lost.

LJS

Nebraska sophomore I-back Marlon Lucky was in the intensive care unit Monday at BryanLGH West.

According to the Lincoln Police Department, Lucky was involved in a medical emergency at 721 Lakeside Drive between 8 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Sunday.

The exact nature of the emergency wasn’t immediately available.

A press release from the Nebraska athletic department confirmed Lucky was hospitalized “for undisclosed medical reasons.”

There will be no further comment from the Athletic Department or the family at this time,” the statement said. “The Athletic Department asks that you respect the privacy of Marlon and his family.”

Lucky, a native of North Hollywood, Calif., finished the 2006 season as Nebraska’s second-leading rusher with 728 yards (5.2 per carry). He also caught 32 passes for 383 yards.

A backup for most of the season, Lucky started against Auburn in the Jan. 1 Cotton Bowl and carried 25 times for 88 yards and caught six passes for 67 yards. He received the majority of practice repetitions throughout December as regular starter Brandon Jackson recovered from a broken hand suffered in the Dec. 2 Big 12 Championship Game.

One of the most high-profile players in Nebraska’s heralded 2005 recruiting class, the 6-foot, 210-pound Lucky rushed for 129 yards on 43 carries as a true freshman in 2005.

He has had a somewhat rocky college career. He considered transferring at the end of the 2006 season, his former high school coach, Brad Ratcliffe, said last month. Lucky decided to stay after a meeting with Nebraska coach Bill Callahan.

Lucky’s guardian, Wayne Padden of Los Angeles, said last month the I-back was looking forward to the 2007 season.

“His future is laid out in front of him,” Padden said at the time.

Lucky felt frustration in part because of a back injury suffered midway through this past season, Ratcliffe said.

What’s more, Lucky was troubled when Nebraska assistant coach John Blake took a similar position at North Carolina as the Huskers prepared for the Cotton Bowl. Blake recruited Lucky out of North Hollywood High School.

“Coach Blake was kind of like a security blanket for Marlon,” Ratcliffe said at the time.