Lucky hospitalized?

Lets just end the speculation on when and if he will ever play again. Let Marlon get out of the hospital and let the media blitz blow over until everyone (who needs to know) is informed of the situation. Please, lets just continue to hope for a speedy and full recovery. Lets just continue to update with real information on how he is doing. No more for now.

Good advice....we'll all know in do time.

for the some of you i could care less right now who's comming in the fall or who's on campus right now what matters is that marlon gets through this thing ok and that everything turns out allright. Its the same way kenny wilson and cody glenn may they get through their ordeals also. We should create some kind of banner of something from this forum to send to all of them to show our support the show them that BIG RED NATION IS BEHIND THEM AND PRAYING FOR THEM ALL

I agree that we should be concerned with him and hope for a full recovery life-wise (as opposed to if he will be playing for us) but the fact of the matter is, it all of a sudden did not become taboo to talk about our team or how they will react or how we will fill gaps.

Do you think Nevada no longer has September 1st circled and they are going to wait to see how this turns out before training again? Do you think USC has just breathed a sigh of relief and everyone just went to the beach for the winter?

Again, I feel for Lucky and hope he bounces back from this. I hope he has a good support group in Lincoln and in North Hollywood. I hope his family takes good care of him.

But do not try to make me feel beneath all you high and mighty people who pray and do whatever it is you do because I want to talk football.

Is this not posted in the football thread?

So... We lost KW (imo, he has lost too much weight to come back this year) and BJax, Lucky is in limbo right now and that leaves us with Glenn who is hurt right now.

Possibilities are:

move Major to RB. <- I would like to develop him in defense

move Green <- not deep enough at safety

Hope Mendoza is good <- he probably is but can he perform as a true freshman? No one else has made that big of an impact in this system as a true freshman.

Castille? <- less experience than Mendoza when he comes.

Helu? see above

I GOT IT, I GOT IT

Let's ask Leon Jackson to come back! Who's with me?

Ok so I just read a little bit of the Omaha World Herald and they quoted Picou as saying he is fine now they are just making sure that all his organs are working fine. Yes I agree that he is going to be back, more than likely for spring ball, IMO. This makes me feel a lot better than when it was first reported, we need that dude on the field in a drastic way.

Ok so I just read a little bit of the Omaha World Herald and they quoted Picou as saying he is fine now they are just making sure that all his organs are working fine. Yes I agree that he is going to be back, more than likely for spring ball, IMO. This makes me feel a lot better than when it was first reported, we need that dude on the field in a drastic way.

the doctors are only evaluating his physical condition. How exactly this OD happened and what is going on in his head are other questions that are just as important to wether or not he plays again.

If Luck OD'd, will there be disciplinary action from Cally??

I think he has had enough "punishment" for his actions. The last thing BC, other coaches, and players need to do is make it worse for the kid mentally. We may never know what the complete story is....nor do we need to know. It is a personal issue and I hope he can everything figured out.

Not trying to start anything.....just relaying what I've heard. Just talked to a buddy in Lincoln and he heard that Lucky is in Serious to Critical. Of course that could have been how he was admitted and has gained since....

The University needs to jump on this IMMEDIATELY and put out fires (truth or speculation) which they have NEVER been all that great at.

OWH 2:51 pm

OMAHA, Neb. -- A Nebraska football player was not using alcohol or illegal drugs, according to a statement from his family.

Lincoln police told KETV NewsWatch 7 that on Sunday night they went to Marlon Lucky's address on Lakeside Drive for "a medical emergency" involving the Husker I-back. It happened at about 11:30 p.m., authorities said, but they did not elaborate about the nature of the problem.

A neighbor told KETV NewsWatch 7 that she saw someone taken from the house on a stretcher but she can't confirm it was Lucky.

“Marlon’s condition continues to improve," a family statement released on Tuesday afternoon said. "He has been removed from the intensive care unit and his condition has been upgraded to fair. We would like to make it clear that Marlon’s medical emergency did not come about as a result of the use of alcohol or any illicit drugs. We are very appreciative of the thoughts and prayers for Marlon during this time.”

The University of Nebraska Athletic Department released a statement that said Lucky was admitted to BryanLGH West Hospital on Sunday evening for undisclosed medical reasons.

The university released a statement from coach Bill Callahan.

“I have spent time with both Marlon and his family at the hospital over the past couple days. Marlon knows that he has the full support of our football team, coaches and entire athletic department. We want to thank everyone for respecting the privacy of Marlon and his family,” Callahan said in the statement.