Lucky hospitalized?

If we dont find out that is a good thing. he's just a kid, and it is a very personal matter. we dont need to or deserve to know. I will say this. if he did TRY to od it is HIGHLY unlikely that he would be out. thats almost always a trip to the psych ward(I have 3 years exerience working at one) I dont know many drs that would risk their license letting him go this early, regardless of who he is or where he plays.

:clap Just posted on local Omaha news, Lucky was released and was quoted....."I am feeling good" and "I would like to thank everyone for respecting my privacey"........words from Marlon.

Also, the reported said that BC mentioned that Lucky was returning to workouts as soon as possible...

:clap:clap:clap

Hukser Nation stands with you Marlon !!!!

I've been trying to not post on this subject and respect Marlon's privacy, but it's dang hard not to personally care for these guys and possibly overstep our bounds.

I've taken handfuls of aspirin before chasing a Headache and if no relief..Taken another handful even after knowing that it might be bad for the average person.. but not me..I have super powers and pain killers have no effect on me..(They usually don't).

My concern other than we're probably all embarrassing Him with all our speculation..Is what kind of Family support Marlon has..I mean. I keep reading about a Guardian/Uncle, but don't hear about his parents..Not mentioned in his Bios.

Back when I was at UNL, we had a program where a local family would "adopt" out of state players and kind of give them a "Home away from Home"...Is that still happening or did the NCAA take that away, too?

I'm not saying ML tried to off himself, but if he's anything like me or my Wife..Three straight days of Gray skies makes either of us wonder if life is worth living.

Nebraska will always be "Home" and if I was dying, I'd want to spend at least my last few weeks there, but I can't imagine living there again...I loved growing up there and the people, but gray skies = death to people like me.

I imagine there's several players having similar problems..Not just homesick, but genuinely depressed because of different things..Weather, Girlfriend, loss of privacy, trying to hold on to your spot on the team, boards like this one where people are calling you names because you can't cover a guy 6" taller than you, tough classes, worrying about declaring a Major, evading Sports agents..

We probably all need to step back a little and let these guys know we're there if they need us, and that it's just a game.

Was thinking about what you said about gray skies. I don't think I noticed it that much growing up in Lincoln. What I do remember is the snow and cold winters. I used to think about going back to live there again, but the cold days here are now getting to me. That 2 inches we had in Tucson a couple of weeks ago slapped me back into reality. :lol:

I just hope its nice for the USC game. I would hate to be sitting there in a big coat and everyone else is in shirt sleeves. :)

GBR!!!

I probably didn't notice it much growing up, either, but the Snow/Cold was fun...I even remember playing in the backyard, trying to get my Siberian Husky untangled.. out of a snow drift at 4am and suddenly realizing I better hurry before the neighbors woke up because I was Barefoot and only wearing my fleshtone Bikinni Briefs.

Now days, I panic if one of our sons stands in front of the fridge with the door open for more than 30 seconds.

But seeing my Wife's Buckeyes or My Huskers on TV and they pan to the dreary skies, we both make excuses to leave the room for a few plays, or at least verbally re-assure each other that we'll never move out of AZ.

So..

Does anyone know the answer to the Question I asked about the Husker Adoption program? Does it still exist?

So are we ever going to find out why he went to the hospital?

Only if Marlon wants us to know. Between HIPAA and student privacy laws, no one else can legally provide that information...

I dont think we will. They've kept things wrapped up pretty tight. It makes me wonder if there was something really serious they dont want us to know. But that's fine with me. I'd rather they keep it like this than for it to be all over the national media. If it is really bad that is.

I dont think we will. They've kept things wrapped up pretty tight. It makes me wonder if there was something really serious they dont want us to know. But that's fine with me. I'd rather they keep it like this than for it to be all over the national media. If it is really bad that is.

It's regrettable that PERHAPS something as innocent as ibuprofen poisoning (i.e., taking too many Advils) could be blown so out of proportion.

Okay, at least for me, if I had accidentally taken too much Advil, Aspirin, Tylenol, or whatever the heck he supposedly accidentally took, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to keep it "private". In fact, I may want to share what the heck happened to possibly warn others of the risk that comes with mixing said drugs. IMO for him to say thanks for "respecting his privacy" leads me to believe that what issues Marlon may have are of a sensitive nature. I totally agree that he does not have to share it with all of us, I just hope that he gets better in both ways.