Lucky hospitalized?

Okay, at least for me, if I had accidentally taken too much Advil, Aspirin, Tylenol, or whatever the heck he supposedly accidentally took, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to keep it "private". In fact, I may want to share what the heck happened to possibly warn others of the risk that comes with mixing said drugs. IMO for him to say thanks for "respecting his privacy" leads me to believe that what issues Marlon may have are of a sensitive nature. I totally agree that he does not have to share it with all of us, I just hope that he gets better in both ways.

I just think that your statement that he "obviously must have mental issues" is a bit of a stretch. From what I've heard about Marlo, he is a private person. Perhaps he just didn't want to be inundated with phone calls and hounded mercilessly about his condition. Perhaps he is embarrassed. I don't know. You are entitled to draw any conclusions that you want from his statement. You may be correct in your assertion. I just think that there is a lot of speculation and very few facts about the incident.

I dont think we will. They've kept things wrapped up pretty tight. It makes me wonder if there was something really serious they dont want us to know. But that's fine with me. I'd rather they keep it like this than for it to be all over the national media. If it is really bad that is.

It's regrettable that PERHAPS something as innocent as ibuprofen poisoning (i.e., taking too many Advils) could be blown so out of proportion.

True. The more I think about it the less I want to know about it. Just get the guy healthy and back in classes and be ready for spring drills if possible.

I dont think we will. They've kept things wrapped up pretty tight. It makes me wonder if there was something really serious they dont want us to know. But that's fine with me. I'd rather they keep it like this than for it to be all over the national media. If it is really bad that is.

It's regrettable that PERHAPS something as innocent as ibuprofen poisoning (i.e., taking too many Advils) could be blown so out of proportion.

This is all speculation but if it were something as innocent (and highly unlikely) as ibuprofen poisoning just come out and say it and the story is over.

Obviously there is something much more to the story. If they are covering something up, then there must be something worth covering up.

Here's the deal, if it was an overdose and on purpose (ie suicide attempt), he wouldn't have been released. He would have had far more hospital time for screening, tests and evaluations. Trust me, my brother-in-law tried to kill himself two years ago, I know first hand.

My opinion is that this was a non-intentional mistake like mixing meds, one too many pain pills, etc. Could even be something embarassing like taking the wrong meds. Could you imagine if he tried to take something like midol and that would get in the news!!! :D

The fact that he doesn't want it released, I can't honestly blame him...With that being said, I agree that if they gave us something, it would stop a whole lot of speculation. Most likely won't happen.

Just my opinion...

Here's the deal, if it was an overdose and on purpose (ie suicide attempt), he wouldn't have been released. He would have had far more hospital time for screening, tests and evaluations. Trust me, my brother-in-law tried to kill himself two years ago, I know first hand.

My opinion is that this was a non-intentional mistake like mixing meds, one too many pain pills, etc. Could even be something embarassing like taking the wrong meds. Could you imagine if he tried to take something like midol and that would get in the news!!! :D

The fact that he doesn't want it released, I can't honestly blame him...With that being said, I agree that if they gave us something, it would stop a whole lot of speculation. Most likely won't happen.

Just my opinion...

maybe he just doesn't want to "rat out" ole Doak? never know?

Just my opinion...

And maybe he thinks that it is none of our (fans) business!!!! I don't understand why some people NEED to know in order to "feel" better about the situation. As long as he is healthy in all ways, I am a happy Husker fan.

Just my opinion...

And maybe he thinks that it is none of our (fans) business!!!! I don't understand why some people NEED to know in order to "feel" better about the situation. As long as he is healthy in all ways, I am a happy Husker fan.

:yeah I can't believe some people are still stuck on this. Let's just be happy he's ok and let it go.

Just my opinion...

:yeah I can't believe some people are still stuck on this. Let's just be happy he's ok and let it go.

Bet they're the same people that screw up the freeway traffic every time there's an accident on the other side of the freeway (i.e., rubberneckers).

I don't know if you meant the hospital didn't want to release any information?????

If so, they can't. It would be a huge law suit. Patient Confidentiality.

Anyway, I have never heard of someone passing out, or what ever from Tylenol

And I know, my speeling sucks, and so does this coffee. LOL

from a credible source at the hospital he overdosed on tylenol and they didn't want to release information since he was admitted to the psych. unit.

delete post.... close topic.

It is something that we won't know the answer to, even with "sources".... Until lucky tells me first hand what happened it isn't credible. OD could easily be because his back was hurting him. IF he was in the psych ward it was for tests I'm guessing, and they wouldn't have released him in a matter of a couple days. people who get admitted to a ward by someone else is supposed to stay in rehab for more than a week, those who admit themselves are even supposed to be in there for close to that, not as long..... There is some statute about this stuff, I'm not going to dig it up.... it all amounts to about nothing in the end....again i think this topic needs to be closed in the best interest of everyone involved. speculation leads to rumors