Chargers Coaching Vacancy

I think it would be kind of nice to get rid of him. I am praying for a Big 12 title this year so then he will go to the NFL and we'll have a real coaching search and we'll hire a better coach.

He doesn't care about Nebraska, he just wants to go back to the NFL so he can make more money. And its just as well.

Wow you think he doesn't care, did you see him after the Big 12 Title Game? If he was gone do you think we'd win a national title right away. We'd probabaly get a different system in place and a new coaching staff and we'd have to start all over again... recruit new players all over again, it'd be another 3-4 years before we had any shot at success. And trust me he makes plenty of money at UNL

BC will be here for as long as he is welcome. Let's see.....

In the NFL, approximately 1/3 of the head coachings get fired each year. There is no such thing as job security in the NFL. Whereas the premier college head coaching jobs, like Nebraska, only become available every few years.

He's tasted the NFL, and it would take a boatload of money for him to leave Nebraska.

By the way, is BC's salary now in the bottom half of the Big 12 coaches?

In the NFL, approximately 1/3 of the head coachings get fired each year. There is no such thing as job security in the NFL. Whereas the premier college head coaching jobs, like Nebraska, only become available every few years.

... unless you're program is named 'alabama,' in which case... ahh, hey? anyone got the time?