GA Tickets for Nebraska @ Texas are a No-Go

Just called down to the Ticket Office in Austin to try and purchase tickets for the Nebraska @ Texas tilt, and what I got out of the ticket office was a little disconcerting.

Per 'Operator 33', they are telling folks to plan on there not being any General Admission tickets for the season, especially the Big XII games, as they're using the GA seating to take care of season ticket holders displaced by the ongoing stadium renovations. While the final info will come out in July, this is what they're being instructed to tell folks now, and they're not going to sell new season ticket holder packages until the 2008 season to boot.

In short--if you want to go to the Nebraska @ Texas game, get your plastic and first-born children ready, as you're bound to see a plethora of them on eBay going for premium prices.

Just FYI...

***SNIP***

In short--if you want to go to the Nebraska @ Texas game, get your plastic and first-born children ready, as you're bound to see a plethora of them on eBay going for premium prices.

***SNIP***

What? Children, or plastic?

Plastic children

Heh, I kinda wrote that odd, didn't I? :lol:

I would say get your plastic ready, as most Texas fans are as loyal as Notre Dame fans are during a bad season...and frankly, I see them with potentially two losses rolling into the Nebraska game. No NC shot--no fans.

I see them with potentially two losses rolling into the Nebraska game. No NC shot--no fans.

I really don't see us having 2 losses going into that game...have you looked at UT's schedule next year?

vs. Arkie St. Easy Win

vs. TCU Easy Win

@ Central Florida Easy Win

vs. Rice Easy Win

vs. Kansas St. Win but close, this will be a revenge game from last year's loss

Oklahoma OU will be breaking in a new QB and is without Peterson, plus their incoming class is not what is has been in the past...so i say we win this game.

@ Iowa St. Easy Win

@ Baylor Easy Win

vs. Nebraska so I see us coming into this game at 8-0.

I think Texas loses 1 game in the regular season. To either Nebraska or to A&M at Kyle field...

I see them with potentially two losses rolling into the Nebraska game. No NC shot--no fans.

I really don't see us having 2 losses going into that game...have you looked at UT's schedule next year?

vs. Arkie St. Easy Win

vs. TCU Easy Loss

vs. Rice Easy Win

vs. Kansas St. Pretty much a toss up

Oklahoma Texas still has one of the worst secondaries in the Big XII, and Oklahoma returns some of the best wide receivers this side of Nebraska. Texas loses, and their subsequent riots save the Dallas City Council millions as the toilet known as the Cotton Bowl is ripped to shreds.

@ Iowa St. Easy Win

@ Baylor Easy Win

I think Texas loses 3-4 game in the regular season. To either Nebraska or to A&M at Kyle field...

Fixed for 'ya. Ya'll are welcome. :w00t

vs. Arkie St. Easy Win

vs. TCU Easy Loss

vs. Rice Easy Win

vs. Kansas St. Pretty much a toss up

Oklahoma Texas still has one of the worst secondaries in the Big XII, and Oklahoma returns some of the best wide receivers this side of Nebraska. Texas loses, and their subsequent riots save the Dallas City Council millions as the toilet known as the Cotton Bowl is ripped to shreds.

@ Iowa St. Easy Win

@ Baylor Easy Win

I think Texas loses 3-4 game in the regular season. To either Nebraska or to A&M at Kyle field...

Fixed for 'ya. Ya'll are welcome. :w00t

1) explain to me exactly how you see TCU as an "easy loss." They have a good defense, I'll give ya that, but their offense sucks. I know a lot about TCU's program, I live 15 minutes away from TCU and work about 2 min away from there and I pay attention to their program.

2) we have a new DC to fix our secondary problems. Its not talent (2 straight Thorpe Award Winners) it's coaching.

3) KSU at home wont be a toss up...revenge will be on the minds of every player out there. especially Colt.

4) We held Oklahoma and their "best wide receivers this side of Nebraska" to 10 points last year. They will also have a new QB.