What to look for in '07

Article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=2776460

Importaint Stuff:

5. Sam Keller will thrive at Nebraska: Keller, another Arizona State transfer, will put up eye-popping numbers as the Cornhuskers' quarterback. Nebraska will lose twice in the regular season -- against Southern Cal on Sept. 15 and at Texas on Oct. 27 -- and will lose to the Longhorns again in the Big 12 title game

Thoughts??

Article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=2776460

Importaint Stuff:

5. Sam Keller will thrive at Nebraska: Keller, another Arizona State transfer, will put up eye-popping numbers as the Cornhuskers' quarterback. Nebraska will lose twice in the regular season -- against Southern Cal on Sept. 15 and at Texas on Oct. 27 -- and will lose to the Longhorns again in the Big 12 title game

Thoughts??

I like "Keller will thrive!"

Should be USC will lose in Lincoln in September. They're always overrated and are shaky on the road. Our improved secondary should force them to beat us with the ground game, and I don't see that happening. Anyone else sick and tired of hearing how good the Trojans are and how they're going to win the NC for the next 20 years straight??

We'll also beat Texas. Their pass defense will still be sub-par with talented, but inexperienced guys. Their QB will be McCoy, but their backups are unclear at this time. Knock McCoy out of the game, and it'll be ours to lose.

Should be USC will lose in Lincoln in September. They're always overrated and are shaky on the road. Our improved secondary should force them to beat us with the ground game, and I don't see that happening. Anyone else sick and tired of hearing how good the Trojans are and how they're going to win the NC for the next 20 years straight??

We'll also beat Texas. Their pass defense will still be sub-par with talented, but inexperienced guys. Their QB will be McCoy, but their backups are unclear at this time. Knock McCoy out of the game, and it'll be ours to lose.

Number 2 on that list brings up an interesting fact about USC. They only get tested twice a year (us and Cal next year). It seems to me that the Weak 10 is part of the reason USC gets rated so highly, and yes I know they get recruits hand over fist but who are the up against in recruiting locally?

I am a little less optomistic right now. I just haven't seen us play a great game and win against a good opponent. There is still a lot of variables out there on our team. Keller was a good QB at ASU, but I sure hope he is taking hold of the offense here. We still don't know if Lucky or Wilson will be suiting up. Bowman will be back but none of us are sure how his knee will fare when he starts revving his engine up. I would love to see us take down an overrated USC team, and shut up UT on the road. I just can't overlook the games like OSU last season and Mizzou two years ago. They are different teams, true, but I can't be so bold to say we will beat both USC and UT. I hope to hell we in the NC next year, but as the old cliche goes "sh*t in one hand and hope in the other and see which fills up first."

Haha, LA Husker sounds exactly like me. I think we are going to win every game every year. I honestly think that it is possible to run the table next year. Will it happen I would say no, we will lose two games all year long maybe three including our bowl and the big 12 champinship game, in my opinion. I dont think usc is overrated. They have athlete after athlete, with a pac 10 offense and an sec defense. I was very impressed at the speed and quickness they had last year against us. However more than likely a night game with 80,000 people screaming at the top of their lungs will be a drastic change from anything Booty has ever seen before, along with the several freshmen and sophmores that will be playing. I see us winning that one more than the texas game in texas.

:clap:clap:clap I like your thinking and I will take some of that Kool Aid.

there are to many unknowns at this point for me to say NU will only lose 2 games.

1) D Line-will the replacements fill the void left by all four?

2) Keller-will Sam live up to the hype?

3) RB-will Lucky and Glenn be able to compete in spring practice, will Wilson be able to play in the fall, will true freshman have to play right away?