QB Blaine Gabbert

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php

Husker recruit Blaine Gabbert has been invited to the prestigious Elite 11 quarterback camp, to be held July 23-26 in Southern California.

Some perspective: JaMarcus Russell, the first overall pick in this year's NFL Draft, attended the Elite 11 twice while in high school (once as a ballboy and once as a selected participant) and also returned as a college counselor this past summer.

Said Gabbert: "I first learned about the Elite 11 in eighth grade I think when I saw the (2003) show on ESPN that had guys like Nate Longshore and Matt Tuiasosopo from that year. It looked like a great experience and I can remember thinking to myself, 'I want that to be me out there someday.'"

Gabbert is the fifth quarterback to land an invitation. The others are Dayne Crist, 6-5, 228 of Sherman Oaks, Calif.; Mike Glennon, 6-6, 194 of Chantilly, Va.; Andrew Luck, 6-4, 210 of Houston; and E.J. Manuel, 6-4, 201 of Virginia Beach, Va.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched a free video of Blaine at the Nebraska camp. He is impressive. His mobility and footwork are incredible. He is very accurate and quick. He is also tall 6'5 or so. Look for a monster year from him and a real battle for the starting job next year. You can see that he has the fire that is needed to be a leader, add his tools and he could be a great player here at Nebraska and in the NFL.

I just watched a free video of Blaine at the Nebraska camp. He is impressive. His mobility and footwork are incredible. He is very accurate and quick. He is also tall 6'5 or so. Look for a monster year from him and a real battle for the starting job next year. You can see that he has the fire that is needed to be a leader, add his tools and he could be a great player here at Nebraska and in the NFL.

while he is going to be a good or even a great QB, i dont think that he will be ready to take over as a starter in this offense as a true freshman, redshirt freshman maybe. i really feel that it takes at least 1 year in the system to become comfortable enough to run the offense.

look at the difference in ZT between years 1 and 2.

i do however expect some great battles between Blaine and Patrick in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright folks, Blaine is needing a little help in this poll. I post this because Miami fans seem bound and determined to get their man Jacory Harris to win this matchup.

It is a Elite 11 QB Bracket to find out who the best QB is among the Elite 11.

Right now Gabbert is only up around 30 votes. So needless to say, we need to influence this poll like we do most when it involves anything to do with our Huskers. :)

The link ...

http://ssfootball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?t...12&fid=1800

Takes just a second to vote for Gabbert if you have a Rivals account. So get to it!

Alright folks, Blaine is needing a little help in this poll. I post this because Miami fans seem bound and determined to get their man Jacory Harris to win this matchup.

It is a Elite 11 QB Bracket to find out who the best QB is among the Elite 11.

Right now Gabbert is only up around 30 votes. So needless to say, we need to influence this poll like we do most when it involves anything to do with our Huskers. :)

The link ...

http://ssfootball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?t...12&fid=1800

Takes just a second to vote for Gabbert if you have a Rivals account. So get to it!

Check out this article on the first day of the Elite 11 camp. Gabbert was "a man among boys"! Here is the link.

http://ssfootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=693993

Just another day at the office for Gabbert. Again the most impressive today at the Elite 11.

So this guy dominates the Columbia NIKE Camp, now is seemingly dominating the Elite 11 Camp. EJ Manuel dominates one NIKE Camp and becomes a top 20 player in the country. Can we go ahead and give Gabbert his 5th star already? Geez.