Carriker First Round #21

hold the freakin phones!!

with the matt schaub trade, the texans will probably be looking at a defensive line mate to go across mario williams. this is the perfect time to hit carriker with the tenth overall. the kid from clemson that everyone gets googly about will be gone, so this makes sense now.

if the schaub trade didn't happen, i'd say brady quinn for sure. and from what espn.com says, kubiak was in love with him.

but now, i would tend to believe that the texans will go DE for their first pick. and this just reeks of taking carriker. he'd get single coverage with williams on the other side of the ball.

can't think that's a bad idea. :w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t

with the matt schaub trade, the texans will probably be looking at a defensive line mate to go across mario williams. this is the perfect time to hit carriker with the tenth overall. the kid from clemson that everyone gets googly about will be gone, so this makes sense now.

if the schaub trade didn't happen, i'd say brady quinn for sure. and from what espn.com says, kubiak was in love with him.

but now, i would tend to believe that the texans will go DE for their first pick. and this just reeks of taking carriker. he'd get single coverage with williams on the other side of the ball.

It very well could be the Texans now. That would be awsome. Two Huskers on the same team. Do they still have Brown on there team? If they do that would make 3.

They very could take AC at 10. Though they might lean towards Hall at CB or Landry at S if either are still there. I'm just hopeing that AC is available for the 49ers at 11.

Vic Carucci of NFL.com has Carriker as his fourth best DE available in the draft:

nfl

4. Adam Carriker, Nebraska

Positives: Size (6-6, 291 pounds), strength, and speed. …. Good variety of pass-rush moves. … Shows strong extra effort to make plays downfield. … Versatility; can play in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme.

Negatives: Needs to show more explosiveness off the snap. … Susceptible to being fooled by play fakes. … Must work at making better use of his hands to fend off blockers.

Draft predictions from the three "experts" on NFL.com

Vic Carucci:

14. Carolina: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

For someone who stands 6-foot-6 and weighs 298 pounds, Carriker moves extremely well, as he demonstrated with an impressive showing in the 20-yard shuttle at the Combine.

Pat Kirwan:

11. San Francisco: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska -- Carriker is a great fit for coach Mike Nolan and his desire to build a solid 3-4 defense with high-character players. He plugs in as a rookie and holds his spot for eight to 10 years.

Jamie Dukes:

13. St. Louis: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska -- The Rams were the 31st-ranked run defense and Carriker is the most flexible of all the defensive linemen. He can play rush end, two-gap end and the three technique.

Draft predictions from the three "experts" on NFL.com

Vic Carucci:

14. Carolina: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

For someone who stands 6-foot-6 and weighs 298 pounds, Carriker moves extremely well, as he demonstrated with an impressive showing in the 20-yard shuttle at the Combine.

Pat Kirwan:

11. San Francisco: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska -- Carriker is a great fit for coach Mike Nolan and his desire to build a solid 3-4 defense with high-character players. He plugs in as a rookie and holds his spot for eight to 10 years.

Jamie Dukes:

13. St. Louis: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska -- The Rams were the 31st-ranked run defense and Carriker is the most flexible of all the defensive linemen. He can play rush end, two-gap end and the three technique.

The latest Yahoo mock draft has him going to San Francisco as well.

• 2 weeks later...