Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:

• 3 weeks later...

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=631980

Antonio Bell, the 6-foot-1, 177-pound wide receiver from Mainland High School in Daytona Beach (Fla.), finished his junior season with 43 receptions for 874 yards and four touchdowns.

"I have great hands and run good routes," Bell said. "I can get good separation from the defensive backs and am very athletic. I really focus on the ball and never take my eyes off it."

Bell says he's never maxed out on the bench press, but works out with 205 pounds (six reps). He squats 385 pounds, has a 35-inch vertical jump and runs the forty in 4.5 seconds.

"I need to improve my upper body strength," he said. "And my footwork. I want to continue getting better separation and just work on everything overall."

Bell said he favors West Virginia slightly over Nebraska, Tennessee, Florida and South Carolina. All of his favorites have offered except the Gators. He also has an offer from Florida International.

"I grew up liking Tennessee and Florida," Bell said. "I love the SEC and that they both put a lot of guys into the League. They really know how to get the wide receiver the ball." In fact, Tennessee was Bell's first scholarship offer back in September 2006. "They spread the ball around a lot and I like the coaches. They run a good offense and seem like good people. They tell you things straight up and how it is."

Despite his affections for the Vols and Gators as a child, he says recently he's been following West Virginia and Nebraska a lot more. "West Virginia has a great offense and they have been improving every year. They are now real contenders for the national championship and are still up-and-coming.

"Nebraska has great tradition and the new coaches have done a good job getting them back," Bell said. "They've improved a lot and they are also passing the ball a lot. I like the West Coast offense they run."

Bell says that his dad likes West Virginia and Tennessee the most. "My father thinks that I'd fit into their offense schemes the best."

He already attended the Florida Junior Day in March and was at the Scout.com combine in Jacksonville on March 14.

Bell is also an excellent track star with a personal best triple jump of 45.3 feet. "I'd like to do both if I can," he said.

"I'll definitely take a look at the depth charts at all of these schools," Bell said. "I want to see how much they need me and how early I'd be able to play. I'd rather take some pressure off and make my decision before my senior year. I don't want to have coaches calling me and worry about recruiting during my season."

Bell reports a 3.1 core GPA and is taking the ACT on April 14.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

***UPDATE***

WOW I had to really dig for this guy in our database here! I finally found it. Anyways....Bell is coming in to Lincoln for a visit on 1/25/2008. As of now he has Nebraska, Tennesee, West Virginia, and Fla Intl as his favorites. With Nebraska showing the only offer at this point. Bell is VERY interested in Nebraska. Guys and Gals, this kid is a STUD!

Woah! Did Ten. withdraw their offer?

Something happened between him and Tennesee that I don't really know. I have heard and read some things but I am not for sure so I am not going to guess. I do know that a few that are "in the know" expect him to committ to Nebraska. I sure hope so! However...we have seen this before. As soon as Nebraska offers a kid more colleges will follow.

I heard there is supposed to be warmup in the forecast. The way it is right now in Omaha, I couldn't see any kid from Florida wanting to come. :) Oh, I know we gotten Florida kids before and that may not be an issue, but it's so damn cold right now. <_<

It's supposed to be -30 here with the windchill tonight with the actually temp. around -10 to -15!!!!! How is this kid ranked??? I don't know much about him.

I heard there is supposed to be warmup in the forecast. The way it is right now in Omaha, I couldn't see any kid from Florida wanting to come. :) Oh, I know we gotten Florida kids before and that may not be an issue, but it's so damn cold right now. <_<

It's supposed to be -30 here with the windchill tonight with the actually temp. around -10 to -15!!!!! How is this kid ranked??? I don't know much about him.

he is the 67 player rated from Florida according to Rivals, also a two star, and was not good enough to get a position rank :bang

he is the 67 player rated from Florida according to Rivals, also a two star, and was not good enough to get a position rank :bang

Have to face it sometime that Nebraska is not going to get the great wide receivers like the warm weather teams. Going to have to find the players that are athletes and have the attitudes of Hines Wards of the world and make them into recievers.

Have to face it sometime that Nebraska is not going to get the great wide receivers like the warm weather teams. Going to have to find the players that are athletes and have the attitudes of Hines Wards of the world and make them into recievers.

Honestly, I like the fact that our guys are going to have to work for everything they get. I don't want them to come in here thinking that they are going to have things handed to them. :thumbs