SIGNED: WR Antonio Bell

yeahhhh, I'm not sure he got the score either. He is running out of options. This guy could be a big help for us too. The only thing preventing him from having more star power or more offers was this... grades. He is a player for sure.

The thing is, he was supposedly a point away from qualifying, so that would mean all he needs to do is pull his gpa up slightly... or take an alternate test.

Can you take SAT if you attempt the ACT a couple of times? I really want to get this guy here, he could be a big difference maker.

• 1 month later...

Well I hope he can make it. It would be huge to get a hidden gem like him in the mix.

If he does make it, he would count towards the 2009 class I think? Does this mean we cool on the other receivers with Bell and Kinnie signed? Do we still look for another one like Martinez who has us in his top 2?

If he does make it, he would count towards the 2009 class I think? Does this mean we cool on the other receivers with Bell and Kinnie signed? Do we still look for another one like Martinez who has us in his top 2?

Yes.

It depends how they are rated by the coaches. It is beginning to look like Nebraska will not pursue lower rated recruits to just fill potential slots (still need attrition to accommodate the current verbals) and instead roll them to next year. OTOH better news may be coming in on recruits qualifying, so their might not be a spot to roll forward. :dunno

I do know Nebraska has a good number of offers to WRs for 2010 so it is a position to be addressed in 2010.

Well I hope he can make it. It would be huge to get a hidden gem like him in the mix.

A while back some of the recruiting "experts" said he'd count towards the 2008 class if he made it to campus in Jan.