Am I obsessed?

My wife thinks I'm obsessed with NU football just because I'm excited about spring football!

I told her there are about a million others with me... :bonez

Did you marry an out of stater? They never understand. My last serious girlfriend hated the screaming at the TV , jumping up and down with joy , and broken remote controls. Not to mention that game days were spent at home until the game was over. She loved making plans on Saturdays only to see me break those plans.

My wife thinks I'm obsessed with NU football just because I'm excited about spring football!

Did you marry an out of stater? They never understand. My last serious girlfriend hated the screaming at the TV , jumping up and down with joy , and broken remote controls. Not to mention that game days were spent at home until the game was over. She loved making plans on Saturdays only to see me break those plans.

I married an "out of stater", of course I was living in Illinois when I did it and my wife is from Illinois. I can identify with screaming at the TV and jumping up and down with joy. It scared the dog a couple of times but I think my wife understands now. We've been married 25 years so she has seen New Year's Days at my family's house in Omaha and "been through" the championship years (and down years). My kids are Husker fans so she would have to conclude that the rest of the family is nuts if she did say I was obsessed. I wouldn't say you're obssessed but I'm not entirely objective.

Your normal, just like the rest of us who scream at the TV, check the internet constantly for Husker news and live for the day college ball starts again. Dateline just did a show last week about fans like us. They secretly video taped the fans watching their favorite teams at home and then played it back to them. During the taping, the wives had specific tasks they had to carry out in order to distract the men from the game. It was hillarious. Dedicated fans like us are a special breed.

You're not obsessed. It's a sickness...and we all have it. It's what I like to call Husker Fever...there's no cure for it.

Disclaimer: Drowning is not a real doctor...he just plays one on a message board(sometimes). And he sometimes like to refer to himself in the third-person.