QB Keller cited for disturbing the peace

I think that bitch should be arrested for waisting the cops time with such pointless stuff. They should be out there solving actual crimes. Keller will probably just get told not to do it again or get a 10 dollar fine just because he is Sam Keller, the future starting QB for Nebraska.

Ya that is pretty freakin crazy. It is a freakin plastic cup and she shouldnt have stolen his parking spot! For all anyone else knows he was having the worst day to start with and was late for something and reacted in a way that I would be willing to bet most people on here have reacted. Not all of us have thrown a cup but I am sure we have all done something that was brought on by stress.

Non-story here. For all the doom and gloom that some are spouting, he's a kid. Not every kid is going to be the 35 year old trapped in a 22 year old's body that Zac Taylor was. Sure, it was dumb...but I'm really doubting that this bodes poorly on his leadership abilities as some have said.

OK...let me start by saying I hope that Keller is as good as hyped and he shreds D's next year. I also want to say that I've been behind the wheel in a similar situation (Christmas in a Wal-Mart or Target parking lot really brings out the best in people.) But here is my 2-cents...and yes I know it'll get ripped apart by people who maybe don't look at the whole picture.

1) Is it a major crime to bitch someone out in public?

NO - you have the right to say what you want as long as it is not death threats or terroristic. Some people may choose to swear, some may not. We've all felt this way...some just can control their emotions better than others.

:ahhhhhhhh

2) Is it a major crime to throw something at someone?

NO - However I believe that throwing anything at anyone can be considered assault. Also throwing something at personal property can be considered vandalism. Also...if he left the cup it is littering.

:laughpound

3) Was any real harm done?

NO - No major property damage was done. Nobody was hurt. Everyone should move on.

:thumbs

HOWEVER HERE IS THE POINT THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE MISSING...

You (Sam Keller) are likely the MOST WATCHED player in the off-season. In any major college city or any major sport, professional or collegiate,...every move an premeir athlete makes will be judged and scrutinized...especially with the University of Nebraska. YOU KNEW THIS WHEN YOU CAME HERE.

You (Sam Keller) already have a bit of a REPUTATION as a hot-head, or a primadonna. (Whether you like what skersfan has to say or not...we all were talking about this when he came in...and just after losing another head-case in Beck.) The last thing you need is ANY ACTION that will stir the media/news/internet pot.

You (Sam Keller) should be aware of the STEREOTYPE that many fans/students/citizens think that athletes believe they are 'priveleged' or 'entitled' to things...just because they are athletes. This is very true of Nebraska athletes. Examples: 1) Chad Kelsay being drunk and being disorderly and eating people's food at Amigos. I don't care who you are...Husker or not...we'd all call someone acting like that a dick. 2) Desmoines Adams (was it him?) threatening/roughing up a meter maid who was giving him a ticket for parking illegally. Guess what....Husker or not...it's a law, you can't park in certain places. 3) Lawrence Phillips beating up someone, let alone your teammate, for talking to his girlfriend. Guess what...Husker or not...you can't pound someone...it's assault...it's against the law. There is a long line of Huskers that believe that because they have an 'N' on their helmet, jersey, or jacket, that they are for some reason exempt from many of these rules.

The point is...Sam Keller...you are a citizen of the United States and the state of Nebraska. You MUST OBIDE by all the same rules, laws, and guidelines laid before us...that we ALL have to live by. You are also a reasonable human being. So you SHOULD HAVE manners, actions and consideration for others that we all SHOULD have.

Have we all, or at least most of us, broken some of these 'insignificant' rules and laws along the way? Probably. Who knew and did it affect? Us. Maybe some of our immediate family and friends. Did it get spread all over the media? No. Most of us are lucky to be known by 100 people...forget thousands or millions.

BUT YOU MADE THE CHOICE TO STEP INTO THE PUBLIC EYE!

But because YOU CHOSE to be a Husker...You are, and will be until you are gone, under a microscope, with a spotlight on you, and every single person waiting for your next move...be it a smart one or not.

Grow up. Act like a man. Do your job. And watch your step along the way. This is true for everyone...especially for those 'priveleged' people like Husker athletes.

Oh please. Do you realize how very minor this is? For God's sake Major Culbert was accused of raping someone last year, and he's seemed to be nothing but a model citizen since.

Don't believe everything you're told. I'm not saying this didn't happen, but who is to say that Sam didn't get cut off by a reckless speeding driver who almost hit him and ruined his career, got a little upset and said some things, and the girl knew who he was and decided to bring him down a peg?

The only two people who know exactly what happened are those two, and I bet the blame rests right in the middle of both of them. I believe he showed great restraint when he got in the car and drove off. You'll be singing his praises around Week 5, so all of this right now is bound to be inconsequential.

I know the cup is not a big deal. But this kid has a history of problems, with authority, loyalty, supposed drugs. Party animal. His own team wanted him gone.

Like I said, I hope he grows up. But anything he does will be blown up, maybe out of proportion. But they are looking for anything that he does. I would bet he is on a very short leash, and this will get a hole tighter.

And of course we are all taking his side, maybe it was the other way around. There are two sides to every story guys.

I just have a bad feeling about all our eggs in this basket.

Wow you guys act like because he is a Nebraska Football player he cant live a regular life... This is a everyday thing that anyone could have done. Its not a big deal, Its funny you guys posting this like its a problem are reading way to into it.

I hope he has a temper so he has the balls to yell at the team in the 3rd quater when their playing like sh#t, unlike Zac Taylor probably did.