OL Bryce Givens

From what I've been hearing and reading from various sources he may be leaning to Texas. His friend from high school (Brewster) is a solid recruit there. This may change if he likes what he hears from the staff here, or if Brewster has second thoughts and plays for his dad at Minnesota. I know he has a visit to Colorado, but from what I've read earlier, he would rather go out of the state. That could change though. Chance of getting him probably 40%.

I'm always looking for some good to come out of everything. And in this case, I think shorter more compact linemen can get out on the edge better and more often. These bigger guys look to get gassed quicker. Look at these guys trying to get out infront of the backs last year. It wasn't pretty by the sencond quarter. So, hopefully we can get back the smaller, more physical type of players. And by smaller I do not mean undersized, I just mean more compact.

I think Hawk is working on a fence around Colorado, something that Barnett completely failed to do, we do not have a whole lot of talent in the state but we shouldn't be getting our own scraps, that's what we have CSU for :) Anyhow, I will go look at your current list of commits and see who else we might want to get from you guys.

• 3 years later...

Just found this update on a Rivals board post...

"Bryce Givens, Colorado; 4-stars, 5.9 RR, #98 on the Rivals 100, #1-rated prospect in Colorado; No longer in football; Arrested last month in Denver on suspicion of punching and robbing a man of cash and his cell phone; He was suspended from the team for the 2011 season by first-year CU coach Jon Embree in January after being caught by surveillance cameras kicking car doors in a Denver parking garage; Appeared in just three (3) games in 2010 as a reserve OT; Started 7 games at right tackle in 2009; Redshirted in 2008; Reneged on his verbal to NU - talk about a blessing in disguise."