SIGNED: CB David Whitmore

chuckd

• 3 months later...

• 7 months later...

Bear in mind that David originally committed during the Callahan regime. Bo's coachers kept him aboard and continued recruiting him, and I don't know why Bo would lose interest in the kid, as he seemed to be a terrific cornerback prospect... perhaps he just wants to close the door. Let's hope not and that it all works out for the best. Just food for thought.

Bear in mind that David originally committed during the Callahan regime. Bo's coachers kept him aboard and continued recruiting him, and I don't know why Bo would lose interest in the kid, as he seemed to be a terrific cornerback prospect... perhaps he just wants to close the door. Let's hope not and that it all works out for the best. Just food for thought.

I don't think Bo would turn him away. He definately tried to keep the kid and did sign him afterall, just didn't make the grade. I think Bo knows David is a good player and wants to try and get him into NU.

• 6 months later...

So has anybody heard anything about this guy? he should be able to go to a D1 school as part of the 2011 class. I cant find anything about him :dunno

If we are going to recruit him, I am not sure we will hear about it until next fall. Seems the staff focuses on HS recruits first, hence we get all of that information first. I think if the staff still really likes David, it is a good possibility they would look to bring him on board. NU will be looking for a ton of DB players next season and possibly a JUCO or two in that area.

There's no signs anywhere that he ever even made it to Juco, he should have been a 2010 guy if he made it.

Not necessarily, a lot of JUCO guys go get a 2 year degree so that would make him a part of the 2011 class. However I can't find any record of David enrolling in a JUCO either so he must be a lost cause, which is too bad.

There's no signs anywhere that he ever even made it to Juco, he should have been a 2010 guy if he made it.

Not necessarily, a lot of JUCO guys go get a 2 year degree so that would make him a part of the 2011 class. However I can't find any record of David enrolling in a JUCO either so he must be a lost cause, which is too bad.

He was a recruit in the class of 2008, which would have put his first year of juco 08-09, and his second year 09-10, he would be a 2010 recruit if he went juco just like Hardrick, David and Harper, who were all class of 2008 like Whitmore.

He was a recruit in the class of 2008, which would have put his first year of juco 08-09, and his second year 09-10, he would be a 2010 recruit if he went juco just like Hardrick, David and Harper, who were all class of 2008 like Whitmore.

My bad, I was thinking for some reason that 2009 would be his first year. All moot though I think.

I remember someone saying he went JUCO (I think in Kansas) maybe he redshirted for some reason??

He signed with Fort Scott Community College in 2008. He was never on the roster and I e-mailed the head coach and he said David was no longer with the team, but could not tell me why.