SIGNED: Ath John Levorson

Probably the lowest-impact recruit we've nabbed so far.

Welcome aboard.

not to much faith in the coaches ability to evaluate a player and decide if that player can fit in the system?

you make it sound like he plays football like Richard Simmons does water aerobics.

Probably the lowest-impact recruit we've nabbed so far.

Welcome aboard.

not to much faith in the coaches ability to evaluate a player and decide if that player can fit in the system?

you make it sound like he plays football like Richard Simmons does water aerobics.

Jump to conclusions much? In comparison to our other recruits, he is easily the lowest-impact guy. That's not a dig at the kid.

Read, ponder, then respond...

Jump to conclusions much? In comparison to our other recruits, he is easily the lowest-impact guy. That's not a dig at the kid.

Read, ponder, then respond...

If you had said that he's the least hyped or most under-the-radar, that would be more accurate. As far as impact, none of the recruits have had an impact, really. In fact, most of the 07 recruits have yet to step on campus and therefore have had no impact. You're saying "he is easily the lowest-impact guy" which is a prediction that the guy will have little to no impact in the future as compared to the other recruits. So either you meant something other than how I have interpreted "impact", or I strongly disagree with your assessment that this early stage in the game.

I am not sure that I would label anyone as the "least impact" player....... at this point, Harrison Beck and Josh Freeman were "no impact" 4-5 star guys and Stew Bradley was a huge impact 1-2 star guy....

Besides, this kid is an ATHLETE !!!!!! He was on a 4 x 400 relays that ran an insane time at the State Track Meet....you can't teach speed and competitiveness...... I have relatives that live in Crete and the word is that he may be the best athlete to come from Crete in many, many years...... He supposedly is a tremendous "hitter" as a DB.... the kid loves contact and plays QB because of his athleticism...

Welcome aboard John....we will just have to wait and see if his is a high or low impact player....but I am going to guess that an in-state kid who has grown up a Husker, and has his type of athletic ability, will work his a$$ off and will be a player before all is said and done....

so what does look like he'll be... a 2 or 3 star?

3 stars is what i have heard.

Has the size and speed to play wr- te- or safety. They didnt offer until they saw him with their own eyes so Im not worried.

After Donahue went to OHIO they didnt screw around here.

From the Omaha World Herald:

Crete star wastes no time, says yes to NU

BY MITCH SHERMAN

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — John Levorson had some kind of a week — with an even better ending.

John Levorson is the fifth instate-recruit to commit to the Huskers.Crete's two-way football star camped at Kansas on Tuesday, Iowa on Wednesday and Nebraska on Thursday, all with the hope to land a big-time scholarship.

It came Saturday from the Huskers, and Levorson accepted immediately.

"That's where I want to play," he said.

Simple as that.

A 6-foot-3, 186-pound safety and wide receiver prospect, Levorson gives NU 10 oral commitments for its recruiting class of 2008. He's also the fifth Nebraskan to commit, joining linemen Baker Steinkuhler of Lincoln Southwest and Trevor Robinson of Elkhorn, running back Collins Okafor of Omaha Westside and linebacker Sean Fisher of Millard North.

The Huskers signed three Nebraskans in February, four in 2006 and three in 2005 during coach Bill Callahan's first full year to recruit in Lincoln.

Levorson has started at quarterback and free safety for two years at Crete, the Class B state champion last season after finishing 12-1 with a title-game victory over Elkhorn.

"He's a great competitor," Crete coach Chuck McGinnis said. "That's one of his best qualities. But along with all the physical things, he's easy to coach. The thing that impresses me is that when a play needs to be made, he's the one to make it. He's a special athlete."

Levorson accumulated nearly 1,800 yards of total offense and earned first-team All-Nebraska honors by The World-Herald as a defensive back. He was the honorary captain of the Class B all-state team and also starred in track and field, running the 100-meter dash in 10.8 seconds and clearing 6 feet, 5 inches in the high jump.

At Big Red Football School Thursday, Levorson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.55 seconds and posted a 32-inch vertical leap.

McGinnis said the NU coaches reviewed tape of Levorson's workout before calling the high school coach Saturday morning to let him know of the impending offer.

"I was actually a little nervous about coming into Nebraska camp as my third in four days," Levorson said. "I was worried that I'd be sore and not do as well. I was sore, but it didn't affect my performance. It was just uncomfortable."

Offensive line coach Dennis Wagner made the offer Saturday. Levorson had received previous offers from Wyoming and Ohio.

"The recruitment was a lot of fun when I was going through it," Levorson said, "but it's nice to have it done."

I am not sure that I would label anyone as the "least impact" player....... at this point, Harrison Beck and Josh Freeman were "no impact" 4-5 star guys and Stew Bradley was a huge impact 1-2 star guy....

Besides, this kid is an ATHLETE !!!!!! He was on a 4 x 400 relays that ran an insane time at the State Track Meet....you can't teach speed and competitiveness...... I have relatives that live in Crete and the word is that he may be the best athlete to come from Crete in many, many years...... He supposedly is a tremendous "hitter" as a DB.... the kid loves contact and plays QB because of his athleticism...

Welcome aboard John....we will just have to wait and see if his is a high or low impact player....but I am going to guess that an in-state kid who has grown up a Husker, and has his type of athletic ability, will work his a$$ off and will be a player before all is said and done....

Adam Carricker was 1-2 stars out of High School and he had a huge impact his last 2 years