SIGNED: Ath John Levorson

Probably the lowest-impact recruit we've nabbed so far.

Welcome aboard.

not to much faith in the coaches ability to evaluate a player and decide if that player can fit in the system?

you make it sound like he plays football like Richard Simmons does water aerobics.

Jump to conclusions much? In comparison to our other recruits, he is easily the lowest-impact guy. That's not a dig at the kid.

Read, ponder, then respond...

Why? Just because the paid services aren't pumping him up?

Ugh.

Seriously, you guys need to think about a post before you respond.

Seriously.

I guess if you mean this commit will have the lowest impact on the rest of recruiting, I could agree with you, but if that's what you meant, why don't you just say it? There isn't much substance in your posts to, "think about."

Ugh.

Seriously.

I understand what your saying. In your opinion he is more of a PROJECT than the other recruits. To a degree that is probobly right.

The thing to remember is that the coaches feel that he has a hi ceiling and the risk isnt that much.

Ugh.

Seriously.

HOLY COW!!! I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU WOULD SAY THAT YOU!!!!!

:)

NO NAME CALLING. Please read the rules. Thank you.

BOARD RULES

sorry forgot about that. thought the smily would help imply that it was a joke that is what I meant it as......my bad

Ugh.

Seriously.

HOLY COW!!! I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU WOULD SAY THAT YOU!!!!!

:)

NO NAME CALLING. Please read the rules. Thank you.

BOARD RULES

sorry forgot about that. thought the smily would help imply that it was a joke that is what I meant it as......my bad

No problem, I could tell that by the smiley. Just didnt want it to start a bigger issue.

Here's my point:

Steinkuhler, Robinson, Givens, and Hoch all are potential foundations to the O-Line

Gabbert could be the program's saviour.

Hinsdale has all the makings of a Mo-Purify talent.

Fisher could step right in at SAM in 2008.

Okafor has a chance to impact the RB race.

So either Whitmore or Levorson are at the bottom of the totem-pole, so to speak.

And I'd take a 6'2" CB over an "athlete" who might take longer to develop any day of the month.

Perhaps "impact" was the wrong word, but Levorson is simply not in the same class of recruit as most of the other commits. That's not a knock on the kid, because we are putting together a pretty damn good class.

I welcome him and wish him all the best. But I'm not overly optimistic that he's going to be a stud. For every Ndamakong Suh, there is a Jeff Souder.

Being from Crete, I have had the pleasure of watching John Leverson play athletics for a long time. John is in the same grade as my oldest son. I knew this kid was an athlete watching him play little league baseball in the 3rd or 4th grade. I didn't see him play football until his 9th grade. During one game, the opponent threw a swing pass out in the flat. John was playing safety and came up and just blew the kid up, ended up breaking his collar bone. I knew I was watching someone pretty special. I know he's not the highest rated player we have, but I guarantee that he will be more a contributor to the team than a lot of the higher rated players from this class.

He is one of the best athletes I have ever seen, but he's a better kid. A great addition to the team and UNL

Being from Crete, I have had the pleasure of watching John Leverson play athletics for a long time. John is in the same grade as my oldest son. I knew this kid was an athlete watching him play little league baseball in the 3rd or 4th grade. I didn't see him play football until his 9th grade. During one game, the opponent threw a swing pass out in the flat. John was playing safety and came up and just blew the kid up, ended up breaking his collar bone. I knew I was watching someone pretty special. I know he's not the highest rated player we have, but I guarantee that he will be more a contributor to the team than a lot of the higher rated players from this class.

He is one of the best athletes I have ever seen, but he's a better kid. A great addition to the team and UNL

Nice comment. I guess I am becomming an old timer. This is the type of kid that has been the backbone of the program for years. I only saw Leverson play two playoff games in football last year. The kid struck me as a competitor. He didn't get rattled. He was a gamer. Not to mention how talented he was.

I'll take a talented Nebraska kid with desire and his head on straight any day. I don't give a darn if he isn't the next 3- 4- 5 star player.

One thing that needs to be taken into consideration when evaluating these ratings of 17 year old high school kids is the Texas factor. It seems as though every year of my football following lifetime has witnessed Texas haul in what the recruting services proclaim to be a "Top 5" class, yet they have amassed only 2 national championships in the last 37 years. (Not that that is horrible, but you would expect more if you put a lot of stock into recruiting rankings). In contrast, the seniors of the 1995 national championship team were ranked something like the 26th best recruiting class when they all came in together as freshmen and we all know how that team ended up. You're always going to have hits and misses, but I don't think as much stock should be put into these rankings as some would like to.

Tom

One thing that needs to be taken into consideration when evaluating these ratings of 17 year old high school kids is the Texas factor. It seems as though every year of my football following lifetime has witnessed Texas haul in what the recruting services proclaim to be a "Top 5" class, yet they have amassed only 2 national championships in the last 37 years. (Not that that is horrible, but you would expect more if you put a lot of stock into recruiting rankings). In contrast, the seniors of the 1995 national championship team were ranked something like the 26th best recruiting class when they all came in together as freshmen and we all know how that team ended up. You're always going to have hits and misses, but I don't think as much stock should be put into these rankings as some would like to.

Tom

:yeah

CornHunka I also lived in Crete from 1975 to 1984. Throw some names at me and I might know them