JUCO RB Tavares Pressley

gee, let's take some more RB's so they can get wrapped up in the backfield! about time we got some linemen!

Are we on the same planet? Have you looked at the class? Steinkuhler? Givens? Hoch? Possibly Robinson? Are you prosposing we just take 25 o-linemen?

Depends on how fast they are.........................maybe THEY could be running backs. :lol:

gee, let's take some more RB's so they can get wrapped up in the backfield! about time we got some linemen!

Are we on the same planet? Have you looked at the class? Steinkuhler? Givens? Hoch? Possibly Robinson? Are you prosposing we just take 25 o-linemen?

A bit of depth on the line would be a plus.....thus, we need more lineman. We do not need more RB IMO. We are loaded at that position. I do believe that competition for the starting job is healthy and there is more than enough RB's to support competition.

A bit of depth on the line would be a plus.....thus, we need more lineman. We do not need more RB IMO. We are loaded at that position. I do believe that competition for the starting job is healthy and there is more than enough RB's to support competition.

The more and more I think about it the lines are what gets you championships. You can have decent talent and an outstanding offensive and defensive line and probably win a championship. JMO

Is this guy more of a speed back?

Glenn is a bruising back, but i don't think he has the speed to open up the play book the same way Lucky does. Castille and Gray sound like they are similar to Glenn. I'm wondering if we lose part of the play book when we lose Lucky, and that maybe that is what Tavares is for.

First of all Gray is not the type of back that Glenn is. Glenn is a pure power back with average speed. Gray is 5'10 215-220 pounds with 4.4 speed. Also is everyone forgetting about Helu? This guy seems to be very good and is only a true freshman as well. We are stacked for running back for the next several years. After we lose Glenn and Lucky we will still have semi proven backs in Castille and Helu and then the potential of Okafor and Gray, then throw on top of that Mendoza and there is no way we will have to scale back our offense in any way. We have Gray as a do everything back, and Castille has proven he can catch out of the backfield as well and Helu is a well rounded back as well.

hell no, but we sure could use help on the defensive side of the ball......you think? :blink:

First of all Gray is not the type of back that Glenn is. Glenn is a pure power back with average speed. Gray is 5'10 215-220 pounds with 4.4 speed. Also is everyone forgetting about Helu? This guy seems to be very good and is only a true freshman as well. We are stacked for running back for the next several years. After we lose Glenn and Lucky we will still have semi proven backs in Castille and Helu and then the potential of Okafor and Gray, then throw on top of that Mendoza and there is no way we will have to scale back our offense in any way. We have Gray as a do everything back, and Castille has proven he can catch out of the backfield as well and Helu is a well rounded back as well.

agree, but for any of them to be effective we have to get a line with some push and to create some running lanes, not just finesse pass blockers.

common cally, wake up here!

The more and more I think about it the lines are what gets you championships. You can have decent talent and an outstanding offensive and defensive line and probably win a championship. JMO

BINGO!!!!!!!! :clap:corndance:thumbs:horns2

:yeah:yeah:yeah

My mistake on Gray then.

I thought Helu and Mendoza had been moved to defense?

My mistake on Gray then.

I thought Helu and Mendoza had been moved to defense?

Um, no. Helu has played against both Nevada and Ball State and Mendoza is redshirting.

• 3 weeks later...