Purify in trouble?

Remember that Major Culbert was accused of sexual assualt before he even got here. If this is Purify's first brush with the law, than I dont think it warrants getting kicked off the team. I work at a bar. I see fights EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I have seen the guys that start those fights tell the police that the other guy hit him first and watched the other guy go to jail for the night. None of us know how serious the situation is, but barring either a past history of this kind of conduct or some mitigating circumstances, this isnt as big a deal as most people are making it out to be.

I completely agree. Obviously Cally isn't Osborne, but one of his tenets was the chance for forgiveness and compassion. To ostracize a player and take away the thing most important to him (football), isn't the way to go. Does there need to be disciplinary action? Without a doubt. He should sit three or four games, do community service, give apologies to all parties involved, etc. But I still think he should be allowed to make amends for his actions and continue his career.

First and foremost, let's find out what really happened.

Culbert had not been in the system, given a mulligan.

Purify knows what is expected of him and has now for over a year. Not the same deal. He saw what happened with Keller.

Now if this was one of KState's or Missouri's star atletes, what would you be saying.

Play the game fair. If he deserves to hang around and play he will, if BC thinks he needs to be gone he goes. BC is the only one that matters in this situation. I trust he will do what is right.

I have no idea what that is at this time. None of us do. No reason to worry about it until the shoe drops.

It happens every nite in college towns and most every place else with a pulse. Really doubt it is a very big deal.

Not one man makes a team. We will be fine either way. If not we have more problems than Purify missing.

Well if he did in fact do what everyone says he did by pushing this guy over the table and pummeling him then he deserves everything he gets. I trust BC will do what he thinks is right and if that's kicking him off the team then so be it. We don't need this type of sh#t going on because it becomes like a disease for a team. It tears them apart and then they all start to turn into thugs. If you can't keep your sh#t together off of the field you don't deserve to strap on a helmet and take care of business on the field. :throw

my opinion of this......if the rumors are true from what i am hearing: i want him kicked off the team

i absolutely love this guy, he was going to by my favorite Husker this year, i absolutely was going crazy thinking about how he would dominate this year.....BUT......i respect the game, and our university more than that, and this all brings me back to "Not the victory, but the action; Not the goal, but the game; In the deed of glory"

but then again, if what i'm reading is false....NEVERMIND

probably too early to get any confirmation, this being Sunday and all.

but if true, you got to wonder why the hell can't kids stay out of trouble? it is not just here, it is at ever college. it just never seems to end. so disappointing.

Sad but true. Its everywhere Pac-10, ACC, Big-10, Big East, etc. and getting worse. Just as our society's standards slide, so we must expect it from the individuals in that society. It's almost impossible to weed out the bad apples (if that is the case here), throughout football land because there are so many bad apples today. Paris Hilton is a good example of the rot in our society. Its so sad when you want to be associated with a class organization.

it really is, as you said rampant everywhere. best policy is for ALL coaches, everywhere to throw the bums out. best way to deal with it and get it stopped is bust their careers. unfortunately, it is all about winning in college ball and the hell with doing what is right. i applaud callahan for doing what is right!

I wouldn't condone the incident, especially after assaulting a female but this isn't new to this or any other program.

This happens 100's of times in college bars across America, but since it involves a football player it is front page news.

Now these kids should realize that they are in a position that anything they do will be magnified but is it fair to expect these kids to act differently, maybe it is but if discipline isn't started at home when they are kids buy the time they are in college it's to late.

Why is it that untill recently you could act like a thug, gang-banger in professional sports but we expect near alter boy behavior out of our college athletes???

I feel he should pay for his crime both from the City of Lincoln and the Univ but I don't think he should be booted off the team.

I don't see positives from taking football away from him, what does that teach??

I know BC is very strict with off-field incidents and trust him that the best decision will be made for the team and Univ.

Just my 2 cents

they booted Imus, Purify deserves to go too! conduct unbecoming should have consequences everywhere!

This is a bunch of crap that Purify would put himself in this situation. What an idiot. The guy would probably be booted on any other team and still may get the boot from Cally, but the fact that he would put his future at risk is crazy. He was supposed to be our game breaking WR next year and be the guy to go to in big games. We might just start kissing that away. Just unbelievable...he screwed up a lot of things with this...

BTW...sorry to say, but whoever said it's a good thing we are deep at WR might be in for a wakeup call when the season starts. We will be very surprised to see how much losing Purify will hurt us...I mean come on, didn't the WR coach call out the whole rest of the WR core besides Mo for not being able to catch the ball consistently? We are in major trouble if this goes bad...

First and foremost, let's find out what really happened.

Culbert had not been in the system, given a mulligan.

Purify knows what is expected of him and has now for over a year. Not the same deal. He saw what happened with Keller.

Now if this was one of KState's or Missouri's star atletes, what would you be saying.

Play the game fair. If he deserves to hang around and play he will, if BC thinks he needs to be gone he goes. BC is the only one that matters in this situation. I trust he will do what is right.

I have no idea what that is at this time. None of us do. No reason to worry about it until the shoe drops.

It happens every nite in college towns and most every place else with a pulse. Really doubt it is a very big deal.

Not one man makes a team. We will be fine either way. If not we have more problems than Purify missing.

all good points skers, i agree.