Purify in trouble?

Remember that Major Culbert was accused of sexual assualt before he even got here. If this is Purify's first brush with the law, than I dont think it warrants getting kicked off the team. I work at a bar. I see fights EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I have seen the guys that start those fights tell the police that the other guy hit him first and watched the other guy go to jail for the night. None of us know how serious the situation is, but barring either a past history of this kind of conduct or some mitigating circumstances, this isnt as big a deal as most people are making it out to be.

I think that is exactly what is going to decide this - has he had a history of other problems about which we know nothing? For all we know, he's already had a second chance - or he might not. If the former, then I would think he's gone. If the latter, then there is still a chance he can be part of the team with appropriate disciplinary action such as some game suspensions, community service, etc.

As many of you have said before "This happens at every college town...". If the report is true I think he is an idiot for putting his career in jeopardy. I do on the other hand (and I don't agree with it) this is becoming more and more of a trend in all college sports.

Don't forget about what happend to the Miami - Florida Atlantic players :box . I mean one of them tried to kill the other with a helmet and got charged with assault. This was all on national TV with millions of viewers. Those players were only suspended? The NCAA had video evidence there.

Mopure is a great wide reciever and a talented NFL prospect but as many of you know sometimes when you are up on "Cloud 9" You need something/someone to kick you in the junk :nutz to remind you that you still have to watch what you do.

I am gonna expect the worse and hope for the best.

.........I hate to say this husker nation but it would not surprise me if Cally made an example here.

honostly I dont think this is a very big deal... I mean seriously think of what it was, he got angry at a guy in a bar and fought him. The charges and all the crap makes it sound worse than it was. Purify will still be on the team, MAYBE get a 1 game suspension and asked by BC to do some extra charity stuff, but he will still be a husker.

Even just taking football out of the whole equation, its in the best intrest of Purify to remain in college and BC knows that. If BC kicked him off the team, Purify will probably not finish college and find himself in worse siuations than this. BC will give him a talk and set him straight. Purify has already made such good strides for becoming a better person, for what he's had to go through that theres no doubt in my mind BC will give him a second chance for one stupid decision.

the NFL is finally starting to crack down now as well on their thugs. they wouldn't have to do this if the colleges would have handled these guys before they got to the NFL. but, it is truely a reflection on our society as a whole.

This happened to us a couple of years ago with Dusty Dvorchek. He pummeled one of his friends and Stoops kicked him off the team... He got his life together went through rehab and had to atone for his mistakes.

But hitting a female...What if it was one of your daughters?

I would be very surprised if Bill kicked him off, but he did kick off Incognito....But he wasn't one of his boys.

the NFL is finally starting to crack down now as well on their thugs. they wouldn't have to do this if the colleges would have handled these guys before they got to the NFL. but, it is truely a reflection on our society as a whole.

This happened to us a couple of years ago with Dusty Dvorchek. He pummeled one of his friends and Stoops kicked him off the team... He got his life together went through rehab and had to atone for his mistakes.

But hitting a female...What if it was one of your daughters?

I would be very surprised if Bill kicked him off, but he did kick off Incognito....But he wasn't one of his boys.

And Incognito had multiple issues and repeat offenses...........we havent seen that with Mo............I think he will get a stiff punishment (at least four games out, maybe more) but I don't think the team will cut ties with him

Ok what Purify did was dumb we all know that but he should still be allowed to play, the legal system will do its job punishing him but let him play football. That would be a problem for the offense if he got kicked off the team.

This is hilarious....bad for the offense??

What about bad for the community?

The only thing that's clear at this point is we just don't have all the facts.

A poster on another site is saying he saw Purify and the off duty bouncer just shoving each other until the bouncer grabbed MO by the neck, Purify then started punching him. The poster also said the bouncer's girlfriend was hit accidentally when she jumped in-between the two fighting. And when the cops showed up they knew the bouncer personally due to his job so they didn't arrest him.

Now I don't know what happened, I wasn't there. But it sure is starting to look like we don't have all the facts yet, and we all know the police report will be one-sided.