Purify in trouble?

Anyone see his pic in the LJS. I am assuming it is his mugshot. Looks like he might have a little shiner going on. So either the other guy wasn't completely innocent, or the cops did a number on him.

wow. let's all go for police brutaility and make this a real incident!

Anyone see his pic in the LJS. I am assuming it is his mugshot. Looks like he might have a little shiner going on. So either the other guy wasn't completely innocent, or the cops did a number on him.

wow. let's all go for police brutaility and make this a real incident!

Why not, its all speculation. That's what 3 pages of this thread is anyway. Except for the 2 conflicting media reports. :sarcasm

I can't believe the number of people here who are throwing Purify under the bus. Not just throwing MO under the bus, but doing it in a very eager way when the incident occurred with a known troublemaker.

This was nothing more than two guys shoving each other around flexing on each other, until the off duty bouncer from the other club attacked Purify. He grabbed MO by the neck in a choke hold, and Purify defended himself. Did he over do it defending himself? Most assuredly. But people are allowed to defend themselves. As far as the female goes, she stuck her nose in where it shouldn't have been, and got accidentally hit, by one or both of the guys. And although Purify initially refused to clasp his hands together so he could be handcuffed, resulting in the resisting arrest charge, he was not involved in some knockout drag out fight with the police. All they did was show him their can of pepper spray and his hands went right together.

This is not that big of a deal. A good attorney could probably get most of the charges dismissed. Especially considering the other guy started it by grabbing MO around the throat in a choke hold.

wow, you must have the LPD report?

You have already stated in another post that you think Purify deserves to go. Nice way to throw MO under the bus. Let me guess, KSU fan? Just get rid of him and don't worry about anything as pesky as the facts?

I wouldn't trust the police report to be accurate. They showed up after the fact and many people that witnessed the event are saying the off duty bouncer started it yet the cuffs were removed once a cop he knew showed up.

regardless, the police report will stand. it always does and always will.

Not in a court of law. Police reports are discredited all the time. In fact many cases are outright dropped before trial by the prosecutors because the cops clearly botched it.

If Purify is found guilty, then he should pay the price. But let's at least wait until all the facts are in and a complete investigation is finished. But police reports themselves are usually one sided. They are second hand information that supports the position the cops choose to take.

It's been a while since we had a talented player who likes to beat women, does this mean were on our way back to a championship. Now all we need is a kicker to get beat up by a dental student, someone to get shot in the ass and a car jacking or two.

:bonez

Bottom line being no one has all the facts yet so stop drawing conclusions. Dont make someone out to be a woman beater if all she did was catch an elbow in the face on accident. Second of all if Cally feels like he needs to make an example so be it, but a first time offender should be suspended for a long time, meaning all spring ball, all the non-cons, and maybe into the late season. To my knowledge he's not a habitual offender and a stern punishment for an extended period should be enough IMO. Knowing, not playing will affect his draft chances at the end of this year would really make me reflect on what stupid decision.

:yeah

Lets not convict the man until all the facts are in with a proper investigation. Some of the posts on this thread remind me of waching one of those court datelines where people could call in to vote guilty or not guilty. It use to crack me up that people were voting already before they had even heard all the facts or both sides - the prosecution and the defense. If the shoe fits...wear it.

It's been a while since we had a talented player who likes to beat women, does this mean were on our way back to a championship. Now all we need is a kicker to get beat up by a dental student, someone to get shot in the ass and a car jacking or two.

:bonez

LMAO! We are on are way! NC HERE WE COME!

I say Calli should run him ragged after practice (EVERY DAY)until he is crying for his mommy, 8 pm curfew, anger management classes, the gratuitous apology and move on. He is a kid and kids do stupid sh#t, but being kicked off the team seems a little harsh. :hmmph

Yeah, I think football players in general should have some sort of curfew or else there's trouble. It'll help prevent stuff like this. Also, I believe that he is just a kid, and yes he is in a spotlight, but he's just a kid and they do sh#t, but he'll learn his lesson, give an apology and move on.

Lets not convict the man until all the facts are in with a proper investigation. Some of the posts on this thread remind me of waching one of those court datelines where people could call in to vote guilty or not guilty. It use to crack me up that people were voting already before they had even heard all the facts or both sides - the prosecution and the defense. If the shoe fits...wear it.

Yeah, let's wait until the athletic department releases their statement. They are always completely honest with us and don't ever twist the facts around or cover things up.