One intriguing prospect is Nebraska quarterback Zac Taylor

One intriguing prospect is Nebraska quarterback Zac Taylor

FANTASY CAMP: Most of the 53 undrafted players at the three-day rookie minicamp likely will never get this close to an NFL practice field again. But there are always exceptions.

One intriguing prospect is Nebraska quarterback Zac Taylor, last season's Big 12 offensive player of the year. Taylor is familiar with Gruden's offense, having played under Bill Callahan, the former Raiders coach and assistant under Gruden.

"The guy is smart as hell and moves his team, " Gruden said. "He's largely responsible for the evolution of Nebraska Cornhuskers football.

"He's the guy who helped transition the Tom Osborne-classic style of power football to the open-style game. It's been a hard process."

This is Zac's best opportunity to start out with. Gruden likes Zac a lot, Zac knows the offense more or less so there's not a ton that he would have to learn, I just like this fit. Plus, I made a promise to myself that I would be a fan of whatever team Zac ended up on...thankfully, it wasn't a team I despise...like the Patriots.

If toughness is enough he is in, he does understand the system but he will get clobbered if his line makes a mistake. He can't get away and I think that is why he wasn't drafted. I think he will be a good back up and play for a few years then I think he ends up trying to coach. he is smart and tough as hell and I think he will make the best of everything that comes his way. inside and outside of football.

Have fun Zac and be a Buc for as long as you can.

GBR

I don' t know much about it, but could he play in NFL Europe?

He certainly could. And very well might. But I don't think NFL Europe is really for a guy like Taylor. Usually, the guys that are sent there are players that need development - physical or mental. For quarterbacks, that generally means - at least for the mental part - how to read defenses, go through progressions, avoid mistakes. I think Taylor is probably well enough along on those points that he may not benefit that much from going overseas.

Physically, I just don't see how it would help him. Taylor's physical issues are not the kind that are corrected by natural maturation or repetition - the poor guy has slow pins.

Going can't hurt him, but I'm not sure it will really help him, either. It's always better to get game time than to sit, but...

I am not sure why people think this is a good fit. He might have a good idea of the play calling but he has a good idea of the play calling anywhere in the league. Billy C didn't steal Grudens playbook so he doesn't know that word for word.

Tayler has to be better than one of the below, which is it?

Chris Simms 6-4 220

Tim Rattay 6-0 200

Luke McCown 6-3 212

Bruce Gradkowski 6-1 222

Wouldn't he have been better off on a team with no QB's?

To me it just seems he has a tough road to hoe.