One intriguing prospect is Nebraska quarterback Zac Taylor

I am not sure why people think this is a good fit. He might have a good idea of the play calling but he has a good idea of the play calling anywhere in the league. Billy C didn't steal Grudens playbook so he doesn't know that word for word.

Tayler has to be better than one of the below, which is it?

Chris Simms 6-4 220

Tim Rattay 6-0 200

Luke McCown 6-3 212

Bruce Gradkowski 6-1 222

Wouldn't he have been better off on a team with no QB's?

To me it just seems he has a tough road to hoe.

I would have to agree. There is a lot more stuff involved than just physical abilities and smarts when it comes to which players make the roster. A ton of politics are involved as well. Simms signed a year extension so that probally means that he will make the team, other wise it was a really bad move by Bucs management to give him the extension. Gradkowski was a drafted rookie last year so I don't think they will cut him in favor of an undrafted free agent rookie. They traded a couple of draft picks for Rattay but they were later round draft picks so it may not matter. So basically what I am saying is that if all things are equal amongst two or three of them, a couple of them might get the advantage for political reasoning.

Sorry I think he has a damn good chance of making that team. Those bottom three aren't that good and for that matter neither is Chris Simms. ;)

I would have to agree with you on that one.

The only thing that comes to mind when I hear the name "Tim Rattay" is when he carved up our defense in like '98 or '99...somewhere around there. He's been quite the journey-man since then...