Article about Joe Dailey on SI.com

I still think a Favre-esque under arm toss to Cory Ross would have been relatively feasible. Cory Ross was just sitting in the endzone 2-3 yards away from him and the dback was about 5 yards from Ross. It would have worked. Ugh, I'm glad it's over. It sucks though...that was the last Husker game I was at. Sad, I know. But I've been afraid to go back since! I don't want to be bad luck!

I think the first down marker was at about the one or so. But still, try to run through them, lateral it, DO SOMETHING!!! There was 0:00 and he ran out of bounds.

....Says every Fat, out of shape, non-athletic, never put a jock on in their life, no balls to strap it up, armchair QB in the great 'Husker Nation'. You're probably one of those guys that yells at their kids for not being able to catch a ball on the run as you throw it from your yard chair, even though you are throwing it from your lawn chair with your husker jersey on as you drink a Busch Light. Yeah.....go ahead an run your a$$ out there against a couple of 230lb LB's and a 280lb DE and see how 'let's just wing it' you feel. Shut up.

OK, we have a high school football player on our hands here.

I am sure you are proud as all get out about your 5.3 40-yard dash time, and every year you get better and better as you look back at your glory years.

Gee, superstar, do you REALLY think it's OK for the starting quarterback for the Nebraska Cornhuskers - a legendary football program that has staggering success and HUNDREDS of exceptional athletes who would give their eye-teeth for the opportunity Joe Dailey had - to lack composure so much that he runs out of bounds with time expired instead of throwing the ball into the end zone?

If so, then you are just ANOTHER moron.

What difference does it make if some one can throw a football to determine whether or not he has proper expectations of a Nebraska QB?

What difference does it make if the poster can take on a 280 lb DE? or a 230 lb LB?

None at all.

It's not reasonable to qualify an observer of football by asking them if they can play for the Huskers.

As one of the millions of Husker fans who could not start at QB for the Huskers, let me just say that Joe Dailey, for whatever else his graces might be, sucked at QB for Nebraska.

By the way, your post does not read well. It reads as if written by someone who didn't score above 1400 on his SATs, or above 30 on his ACT.

You probably don't know Hamlet from Macbeth, and likely never solved a Rubic's cube. You probably lift weights and stay in shape running, yet can't get past mid-game on level 5 of a computerized chess game without getting checkmated by a dated piece of software.

Sure you can post to a BBS, but you couldn't code a php script if your life depended on it.

Your kids probably play little league ball, but don't know the Calculus or thermodynamics, and you can't teach them about either one.

I'd like to see you debate a 1550 SAT scorer, or a Wonderlic 46 that's hounding your every word.

:nanalama

vs.

:moreinteresting

Internet mind-muscle flexing contests really turn on the ladies. :LOLtartar

I'll admit my memory is not what it once was, but I do not readily forget the real bad moments in Husker football, such as the time Tyreese Knox cost us a game against FSU . . .

But I was watching Joe Dailey on that play, and there was NO WAY he was inside the 5 yard line with the ball. He was AT LEAST 4-5 yards from a first down, and more than that away from a TD.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas every day. If TO would have kicked the extra point rather than going for 2, we would have more than likely shared the NC in the early 80's. If Glenn Mason would have kicked the PAT rather than going for 2 in 94, we more than likely wouldn't have won the NC. Look at the bonehead play a year ago against Texas that would have given us the win. Sometimes luck is on your side like the "Catch" in 97', and sometimes it's not on your side. Dailey was a true sophomore that year with not a lot of experience. Who knows what was going through his head. In order to have changed the outcome, we would have had to have had a lot of luck on our side. To me, that play and his decision making wasn't any different than BC's decision to put Beau Davis in against TT to get throttled. They both sucked!

Sometimes luck is on your side like the "Catch" in 97', and sometimes it's not on your side.

"The Catch" was NOT luck. It was a great heads-up play by a freshman who proved himself to be a sure-handed clutch receiver his whole career.

"Luck" is what happened to Penn State in 1982 when they were handed a MNC.

Sometimes luck is on your side like the "Catch" in 97', and sometimes it's not on your side.

"The Catch" was NOT luck. It was a great heads-up play by a freshman who proved himself to be a sure-handed clutch receiver his whole career.

How can you honestly say that without chuckling to yourself?

So it wasn't 'luck' that when the ball got deflected it went straight down instead of up, to either side or 2 yards ahead of Wiggins?

It wasn't 'luck' that as he got tackled he fell backwards instead of any other direction?

It wasn't 'luck' that the refs didn't call the play dead for an OBVIOUS intentional/illegal kick of the ball?

It wasn't 'luck' that there wasn't a Mizzou defenders right there to catch it instead of Davison?

I'm all for defending husker players and putting them on a pedestal so to speak. (Note the fact that I'm about the only one defending Dailey here. And the fact that Davison had enough ball awareness to make a break on it was one thing....saying that there was no luck involved is absurd.

saying that there was no luck involved is absurd.

YOU are correct sir.

So it wasn't 'luck' that when the ball got deflected it went straight down instead of up, to either side or 2 yards ahead of Wiggins?

It wasn't 'luck' that as he got tackled he fell backwards instead of any other direction?

It wasn't 'luck' that the refs didn't call the play dead for an OBVIOUS intentional/illegal kick of the ball?

It wasn't 'luck' that there wasn't a Mizzou defenders right there to catch it instead of Davison?

I'm all for defending husker players and putting them on a pedestal so to speak. (Note the fact that I'm about the only one defending Dailey here. And the fact that Davison had enough ball awareness to make a break on it was one thing....saying that there was no luck involved is absurd.

By your definition, "luck" is involved in absolutely every event known to man.

Therefore, "luck" becomes meaningless.

You were lucky to be able to type your comment.

Your remarks about the OBVIOUS intentional kcik tells me you are a MeChicken fan.

We can still spot you losers.

By your definition, "luck" is involved in absolutely every event known to man.

Therefore, "luck" becomes meaningless.

You were lucky to be able to type your comment.

Your remarks about the OBVIOUS intentional kcik tells me you are a MeChicken fan.

We can still spot you losers.

1) Spellcheck professor know-it-all. Since you like to try and belittle anyone with your vast knowledge of everything that exists, you might want to brush up on your more challenging words like KICK.

2) No. Not everything is luck. But that entire series of events was LUCK.

3) Maybe I'm just 'out of it' but I have no idea what 'MeChicken' even is. Unless that needs a spellcheck as well.

However it is obvious that you are one of those poeple that will try and keep up an argument until you win. Not because you are right, but because you have so little else to do with your time than to be your own supporter. So fine. You win. That play went exactly as scripted in the huddle. I'm sure Frost, Wiggins and Matty D will completely agree with you.

I look forward to your future posts so you can flex your brain power and prove yourself as the greatest husker fan ever created. (Obviously you were not born, but you are of an immaculate conception...I'm sure you walk on water too.) While you're at it, keep up a tally sheet of how many people are lining up to kick the soap box out from under your well-aged sticks, as it is obvious to me that you already have a handful of us in less than 40 posts.