SIGNED: ATH Kyler Reed

Welcome, Kyler!

We need more athletes on the field and he appears that he could potentially play various positions. Seems as if we may be hedging our bet some with Demens though (which I don't like...nothing against Reed but I wonder if this is bad news regarding Demens? Reed is our insurance? We can win the recruiting battles against KSU but we need to start taking more recruits from Michigan, OU, Texas, USC, the SEC, etc....we have won some but not nearly enough).

Welcome, Kyler!

We need more athletes on the field and he appears that he could potentially play various positions. Seems as if we may be hedging our bet some with Demens though (which I don't like...nothing against Reed but I wonder if this is bad news regarding Demens? Reed is our insurance? We can win the recruiting battles against KSU but we need to start taking more recruits from Michigan, OU, Texas, USC, the SEC, etc....we have won some but not nearly enough).

i was watching big red wrap up and sean callahan said if demens comes to Nebraska kyler reed probly will play TE..also we will find out where Kenny Demens commits to september 29th then the ??s will be solved..

I don't know about that. He is from the Kansas City area so I dont' think there are a lot of schools as small as say a C-2 school (around 200 students). I'm not saying he is playing the best competition in the nation, but I would say it's at least as good as class B.

He plays in one the top 2 divisions in KS and I want to say Aquinas is 6-A (the top division). Sure some of the schools they play are week, but most of them are quite good and one from that area is usually playing for state. This is the same place where Brandenburg played.

• 1 month later...

Per Rivals...

Kyler Reed admitted that he's a bit concerned with the current coaching situation at Nebraska. However, the 6-foot-3, 205-pound athlete out of Overland Park (Kan.) St. Thomas Aquinas, said he felt much more reassured about the future of the Husker program after a conversation on Tuesday with interim athletic director Tom Osborne. Is the Kansas standout planning any additional visits?

:)