N-2008.gif

Player: Josh Williams

Hometown: Denton, TX

Position: DE

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 210 lbs.

40 time: 4.8

Visit Date: 7/26/07

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Mizzou, Okie St., TX Tech, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky

Favorites: Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Big Red Report: #20/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Williams will visit near end of July. Our chances are excellent. :thumbs

Linky:

http://hstexas.scout.com/2/654191.html

Denton star up to 13 offers now

Williams is one of the state's best

By Stacey Dean

Recruiting Analyst

Posted Jun 25, 2007

Defensive coordinators and even head coaches place an emphasis on getting pressure on the opposing team's quarterback. All the more reason to join thirteen other programs ("Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Central Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, North Texas, Oklahoma State, Rice, San Diego State, SMU, TCU and Texas Tech") in the race to ink Denton Ryan DE Josh Williams.

Checking in at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds, Denton Ryan DE Josh Williams brings good size and a nice frame to grow into for the position. And if things stand and remain where they do today, then three teams appear to be in the best position to land the DFW Area blue chip.

"Right now my top three schools are Arkansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma State," Williams told Scout.com. "And, I plan on making my commitment before the season starts."

That's certainly good news for the Razorbacks, Cornhuskers and Cowboys. Having said that the school who will more than likely earn Williams' verbal commitment will be the school knocking his socks off in the next month or so...

"I'm going to check out Oklahoma State, SMU, Arkansas (July 21) and Nebraska (July 26)," Williams sharing pertinent recruiting information said.

Thoughts on the Big Three?

On Nebraska: "I like the tradition, academics and their program is on the rise. I think they're going to win a championship in the next couple of years."

On Arkansas: "I like the fact that they continue to win championships in the SEC. I know if I go there I'll have a chance to win the SEC championship and play in a big bowl game."

On Oklahoma State: "I like their coaching staff. And their program is on the rise, real close to home and has a great atmosphere. I was really impressed when I visited. It left a very good impression on me..."

Coaches responsible for inking Williams:

"(NU) Ted Gilmore, (UA) James Shibest, (OSU) Todd Bradford.

Commitment Time Frame: "Thinking about doing it before the start of my senior season."

Other Notes to Consider...

Academics: "3.25 GPA, 1320 SAT (890 on critical math/reading)."

Weight Room Numbers: "300 Bench, 395 Squat, 265 Power Clean."

• 4 weeks later...