SIGNED: DE Josh Williams

Right now the recruiting situation is not so bad. You hate to lose Gray and Gabbert, but those are positions where we do have players for the future. So if we hold onto most of the rest and add a few more with the new coach, we probably will be in pretty good shape. I see us being in a much better possition this time around -- at least for now -- than after Solich was fired.

I agree. The athletes are here to do big things with if they don't come in an change the offense too much. :thumbs

• 3 weeks later...

Williams has canceled his trip to Austin for this weekend and will instead be visiting Mizzou. He was originally supposed to visit MU on the 14th with Compton (don't know what this says about Compton). Williams is still considered a soft commitment to the Huskers. What do you guys think your chances are with Williams and Compton?

Williams has canceled his trip to Austin for this weekend and will instead be visiting Mizzou. He was originally supposed to visit MU on the 14th with Compton (don't know what this says about Compton). Williams is still considered a soft commitment to the Huskers. What do you guys think your chances are with Williams and Compton?

I think they need to talk to Bo.. I still feel pretty good about them. who does MU play in their Bowl?

Texas isn't a player for Williams anymore. It seems like it is down to Nebraska, Mizzou and Kansas with an outside possibility of somebody like Colorado jumping into the mix. It will be interesting. I think it all depends on the in-home visits right now (I think it is almost 50-50 with NU and MU on this one).

Texas isn't a player for Williams anymore. It seems like it is down to Nebraska, Mizzou and Kansas with an outside possibility of somebody like Colorado jumping into the mix. It will be interesting. I think it all depends on the in-home visits right now (I think it is almost 50-50 with NU and MU on this one).

Why is Texas out all of the sudden??? I hope we can pull this guy in along with Compton. :thumbs

Texas isn't out of "all of the sudden," they've been out for probably a little over a week now. He actually canceled his visit to Texas for last weekend and visited Missouri instead. I don't think Texas was every a really big factor for Williams. I think he kind of felt like a fall-back option for the Horns. Anyway, I think Williams could be a great player with his extremely quick first step. And I agree that for NU or Mizzou, Williams could be the key to Compton. This should be interesting.

"After the Huskers suffered a losing season on the field in 2007 and experienced a shakeup in their coaching ranks, Josh Williams said his college future in Lincoln was very much in doubt. On Tuesday night the 6-foot-4, 220-pound defensive end out of Denton (Texas) Ryan received an in-home visit from new Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini. The blue-chipper out of the Lone Star State admitted that it couldn't have gone much better."- Orangebloods.com

This sounds pretty good. They have him listed as N.

"After the Huskers suffered a losing season on the field in 2007 and experienced a shakeup in their coaching ranks, Josh Williams said his college future in Lincoln was very much in doubt. On Tuesday night the 6-foot-4, 220-pound defensive end out of Denton (Texas) Ryan received an in-home visit from new Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini. The blue-chipper out of the Lone Star State admitted that it couldn't have gone much better."- Orangebloods.com

This sounds pretty good. They have him listed as N.

Well, he originally committed in July. I don't know if he ever decommitted...

That's good the visit went well though...