Weight: 225

40 time: 4.45

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas St, Kansas, Missouri, Texas A&M

Favorites: Kansas ST

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star #26 Ath

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star #47 Rb

Assessing the talent: http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=...amp;nid=3089447 Harper is a big physical back who may actually be considered as a linebacker on the next level. He has nice quickness and is a powerful runner on the high school level.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:

I dont think he is a juco. They had an article about him on rivals and they were talking about nebraska and how he knows both of the brown brothers. He has known them since the 2nd grade, and he said he was asking them about nebraska and the brown brothers just said you have to go see it for yourself. Refering to our facilities. It sounds as if they are impressing the brown brothers a least a little bit, and would be even better if we could get both of them (harper and brown). I read that Gabbert is calling a bunch of guys so maybe he can pick up Harpers number and give him a call, since he said that most schools are recruiting him for receiver, I would assume we are as well.

• 6 months later...

Harper has the same problem the Brown brothers do. He has the same agent .. errrr ... I mean 'advisor' that 'consults' him as well.

Basically, would not touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Much agreed on the "handler" situation. Harper wants to play Quarterback, even though he would be much better suited playing several different positions. I don't think we need that drama again (i.e. Newcombe/Crouch).

Harper has the same problem the Brown brothers do. He has the same agent .. errrr ... I mean 'advisor' that 'consults' him as well.

Much agreed on the "handler" situation. Harper wants to play Quarterback, even though he would be much better suited playing several different positions. I don't think we need that drama again (i.e. Newcombe/Crouch).

yea why take a chance on a someone you are comparing to a Heisman Winner, saying we don't need the drama of the best player that year :hmmph

I don't know what position he should play but avoiding drama is not a good reason not to recuirt him

yea why take a chance on a someone you are comparing to a Heisman Winner, saying we don't need the drama of the best player that year :hmmph

:yeah

I say give him a chance at QB, and if he near as good as those two were, then he would be worth the drama.