RB Jonas Gray

Player: Jonas Gray

Hometown: Detroit, MI

Position: RB

Height: 5'9''

Weight: 213 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date: 9/14/2007

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Florida, Illinois,Michigan St., Wisconsin, Minnesota, Louisville, Michigan

Favorites: Michigan State

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star #4- rb, #47 ovrl, #1 Mich

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star #10-rb

Assessing the talent: ... Says Big Red Report (Scout) - Gray is one of the nation's top power backs. He lacks breakaway speed, but he eats up the yardage. Very explosive off-tackle. He does not hesitate when hitting the hole. Not a real elusive type of a back, but he does have exceptional cut-back ability for being a power running style back. Has very good hands out of the backfield as well. In seven games during his junior season Jonas rushed for 1,252 yards and 19 touchdowns. In nine games as a sophomore, Gray ran for 797 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25%

• 4 weeks later...

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Florida, Illinois,Michigan St., Wisconsin, Minnesota, Louisville, Michigan

New ones.

***Also, strong rumors Mr. Gray will be visiting this summer soon.

Stocky fellow. Watch film if you can, he get his little (length, not strength) legs moving and he's pretty quick.

Anyone know the last player to be highly rated and pulled from Michigan????????

Was Joe Ganz from Michigan? ;-) I don't know who you're referring to.

Illinois. I don't think we exactly stole him from Michigan either. I can't say that I recall a guy that we went in to Michigan and stole him from under their noses.

How about Grant Wistrom? I know he had it down to Nebraska and Michigan. Not sure of a player actually from the state of Michigan.

Wistrom was from Missouri.

We recently got Chris Patrick out of Michigan. He was projected as a DE out of HS, and I'm not sure how highly rated he was.

How about Grant Wistrom? I know he had it down to Nebraska and Michigan. Not sure of a player actually from the state of Michigan.

Wistrom was from Missouri.

We recently got Chris Patrick out of Michigan. He was projected as a DE out of HS, and I'm not sure how highly rated he was.

I think we got Patrick over Michigan St, not sure Michigan was even interested.

he wants to play college ball with team mate, Kenny Demens. 6'1" 225lb LB with a 4.6 40. NU has offered both.

Bingo...I added Demens to the recruiting board. Gray has now been offered by Michigan and word is recently ran a 4.37. Demens has not been offered by Michigan at this time. Both are visiting Nebraska for the USC game which is great news for us. :thumbs

Here is link on recent story on Gray and Demens:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recruiting/...-19-midwest.htm

From the article: I also talk to Blaine Gabbert, the recruit for Nebraska. I talk to him like every day. We just talk about Nebraska's program and stuff."

This kid has a lot coming at him but great to see we are in the mix. Check out Blaine...recruiter stud! :)

he wants to play college ball with team mate, Kenny Demens. 6'1" 225lb LB with a 4.6 40. NU has offered both.

Bingo...I added Demens to the recruiting board. Gray has now been offered by Michigan and word is recently ran a 4.37. Demens has not been offered by Michigan at this time. Both are visiting Nebraska for the USC game which is great news for us. :thumbs

Here is link on recent story on Gray and Demens:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recruiting/...-19-midwest.htm

From the article: I also talk to Blaine Gabbert, the recruit for Nebraska. I talk to him like every day. We just talk about Nebraska's program and stuff."

This kid has a lot coming at him but great to see we are in the mix. Check out Blaine...recruiter stud! :)

thats why, day by day, you are getting closer and closer to being da-man

I like what this kid can bring to the table but if Compton commits following his visit, we have four linebackers in this class already which means we likely back off on Demens, if this happens what does that do to our chances with Gray?

The staff will probably be willing to keep the offer out there for Demmons, (4 star) just for the sake of getting Gray, that's just my 2 cents though.

BTW I have a very good feeling about Gray.