Lebron James

cmb23

• 2 weeks later...

The big thing you aren't considering is the supporting cast. Magic did it with the 'showtime' lakers. They were an all-star team by themselves. Kareem, James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Byron Scott. They were all at the top of their game. Of course they were going to win titles. Look at the rosters for Michael and LeBron. Nowhere near the talent.

I have to disagree with the Jordan led Bulls not having near the talent.

Pippen - Outstanding player, would be much better known and renowned had he not been on the same team as Jordan. Pippen and Jordan really built off of one another, and were one of the greatest tandems in the history of basketball. He didn't have a stellar career after leaving the Bulls, but he was also far past his prime by that point. I'm not sure we'll see as great a tandem as Jordan and Pippen in my life time.

Kerr - Amazing shooter. Given, he couldn't do much else, but the man was a ridiculous 3 point shooter, and a great shooter all around.

Rodman - A defender in a class of his own. Toss in clinically insane to boot :) .

Kukoc - Was a solid bench player, could have started for many teams at that time. Was the prototypical 6th man, as he was capable of playing every position on the court.

I don't mean to take away from Jordan, I'm a Bulls fan all the way, but that team was much more than Jordan. Jordan, though, is definitely the player that pushed them above and beyond.

The big thing you aren't considering is the supporting cast. Magic did it with the 'showtime' lakers. They were an all-star team by themselves. Kareem, James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Byron Scott. They were all at the top of their game. Of course they were going to win titles. Look at the rosters for Michael and LeBron. Nowhere near the talent.

I have to disagree with the Jordan led Bulls not having near the talent.

Pippen - Outstanding player, would be much better known and renowned had he not been on the same team as Jordan. Pippen and Jordan really built off of one another, and were one of the greatest tandems in the history of basketball. He didn't have a stellar career after leaving the Bulls, but he was also far past his prime by that point. I'm not sure we'll see as great a tandem as Jordan and Pippen in my life time.

Kerr - Amazing shooter. Given, he couldn't do much else, but the man was a ridiculous 3 point shooter, and a great shooter all around.

Rodman - A defender in a class of his own. Toss in clinically insane to boot :) .

Kukoc - Was a solid bench player, could have started for many teams at that time. Was the prototypical 6th man, as he was capable of playing every position on the court.

I don't mean to take away from Jordan, I'm a Bulls fan all the way, but that team was much more than Jordan. Jordan, though, is definitely the player that pushed them above and beyond.

You fools seem to forget the bulls won their titles when there was NO GOOD TEAMS in the NBA - They couldn't do a F**KING thing until the LAKERS, celtics, & pistons got old and remember the LAKERS won the first game in the finals in 91 and if Magic & Byron Scott wouldn't have got hurt that series might have been different.
  • 2 months later...

I used to like Jordan at first, but then I got sick of all the nonsense he got away with as well as him just being an as*jockey. Lebron is probably a better overall basketball player, but he will most likely never get the notoriety like Jordan because it'll be hard to put a team around him to win a bunch of titles. I could see it being similar to Shaq's career (title here, title there, every so often). (Say what you want about Shaq) He was/is still dominate at times, but never had a real supporting cast besides the Lakers and all the egoes ruined that.

• 2 weeks later...

Great shot at the buzzer! :clap

KOBE BRYANT is the best player in the NBA the last 5 years including this year - the media and the opposing fans just hate him. He still gets the MVP chants at home and on the road. Even though the Lakers wouldn't have won the title with out shaq he was a cancer on the team. There's a reason he wants to come back but it aint gonna happen. You don't call out the guy that signs your checks.

KOBE BRYANT is the best player in the NBA the last 5 years including this year - the media and the opposing fans just hate him. He still gets the MVP chants at home and on the road. Even though the Lakers wouldn't have won the title with out shaq he was a cancer on the team. There's a reason he wants to come back but it aint gonna happen. You don't call out the guy that signs your checks.

I am not quite sure why you think that but Shaq definitely doesnt want to come back to LA with Kobe and how was he the cancer of that team? But you are right he is unfairly hated by the fans and some media. I will admit Kobe is great but he does not have the physicality, speed, or overall athleticism that Lebron has.

I am not quite sure why you think that but Shaq definitely doesnt want to come back to LA with Kobe and how was he the cancer of that team? But you are right he is unfairly hated by the fans and some media. I will admit Kobe is great but he does not have the physicality, speed, or overall athleticism that Lebron has.

Let's see I can name many reasons

1. FLAT OUT REFUSED to practice free throws with the FT coach the Lakers hired.

2. Refused to have foot surgery during the summer because it was his time. Instead missed the start of the season.

3. Refused to lose weight at the request of the Lakers front office. But when traded to miami he did.

4. Had hand signals that instructed teammates not to pass the ball to Kobe - (Confirmed by Laker assistant Brian Shaw who was his best buddy on the team)

5. Mocked the Laker front office repeatedly in the media.

6. Called out the OWNER Jerry Buss when trying to re-negotiate his contract during a pre-season game in Hawaii.

7. Look at the old footage from games - The BENCH was misirable - No cheering for one another just frowns on their faces. Look a the bench NOW they yell and scream and encourage each other.

8. Mocked the Lakers front office AFTER he was traded.

9. Why was he on the bench at the end of close games? SEE #1

10. Was jealous of KOBE BRYANT!!!!

There was several articles in the LA Times right before the playoffs that he inquired about the possibility of coming back next year - The Lakers responded that they already have a center.

Normally, I hate when the media tries to individualize team sports..The commercials never just say, "Nebraska takes on Oklahoma", but will usually insert the name of the QB, RB or maybe the coach...

or the Lakers might go up against the Cavs..but the commercials will say (If the NBA gets the matchup it wants).."Kobe and the Lakers take on Lebron and the Cavs.."

That being said..

When did the NBA stop having those televised "One on One" matches?

4a9e_32.JPG

But Kobe DOES have the clutch factor (Lebron has it too but Kobe's is way more influential), the knowledge of the game, and the SKILL (very different than athleticism) that all trump Lebron.

With that being said, why do people harp on Kobe for winning titles with Shaq and not having it done yet with less talent? None of the greats have EVER won a championship without good talent across the board on their team. Especially not Michael.

But Kobe DOES have the clutch factor (Lebron has it too but Kobe's is way more influential), the knowledge of the game, and the SKILL (very different than athleticism) that all trump Lebron.

With that being said, why do people harp on Kobe for winning titles with Shaq and not having it done yet with less talent? None of the greats have EVER won a championship without good talent across the board on their team. Especially not Michael.

Because the media & most fans HATE Kobe. Opposing fans are so stupid when they chant Kobe Sucks and when they boo him when he touches the ball. He LOVES it when they do that.