1. Inherit The Wind - I'm referring to the Spencer Tracy version. Very powerful.

2. Braveheart - The kind of movie that makes everyone who sees it want to display the nobility portrayed by William Wallace.

3. Paint Your Wagon - A musical with Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood? Yes, and damn funny...

4. Excalibur - The finest telling of the Authurian legend. If you like Lord of the Rings, you'll like this one.

5. Goldfinger - Absolutely the best Bond movie featuring the best Bond, Sean Connery.

6. The Exorcist - Set the bar for horror films.

7. It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. One of the best slapstick comedies every made, featuring almost every comedic star in Hollywood at the time.

8. Airplane! - "Surely, you can't be serious." "I am serious - and don't call me Shirley". 'Nuff said.

9. Mouse Hunt. Side splittig.

10. The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. I never thought that these could be done "right", but Jackson nailed them.

11. Most John Wayne movies, with particular emphasis on "Donavan's Reef", "Hatari", "McClintock" and "The Quiet Man". Donavan's Reef is set on an unnamed Pacific island (filmed in Hawaii) and involves the efforts of the entire island to hide from a snooty Boston daughter of the island's doctor the doctor's three kids from the doctor's marriage to the island's hereditary princess. The scenes with Lee Marvin are outstanding. Hatari is John and friends as "zoo collectors"; a group that legally captures animals for export to zoos. McClintock is just plain funny - a Wayne film with a fair amount of slapstick. The "mudslide fight" is wonderful. The Quiet Man is early Wayne, and one of his best acting jobs.

12. The Dirty Dozen. A perfect WWII flick. Funny, tragic, great characters.

13. The Magnificent Seven. When that theme music starts, you want to belt up your hoster and ride...

14. Arsenic And Old Lace. A dark comedy with Cary Grant trying to protect his odd-ball aunts who commit murder of borders.

15. Harvey. This is the James Stewart version, and is touching. Who'd a thunk a movie about an invisible, 6' rabbit would be any good?

16. Anatomy Of A Murder. Another James Stewart flick, about a murder in a small northern community. There's no question the quy did it - the issue is, would the jury find it justified? And it has a great jazz score.

17. Witness For The Prosecution. Did an American murder an elderly woman in post-war England? Well acted, with great moments of levity, and a lot of plot twists.

18. The Maltese Falcon. Bogie at his best, with a great cast.

19. The Great Escape. Another WWII epic, and based on real events. Another all-star cast.

20. Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid. Great buddy film with Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Just great fun. You hated the ending, which was based on historical fact...

Honorable Mention. The Sting. The original, with Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Another film with a lot of little plot twists, about grifters out to fleece the man who murdered one of their own.

one I haven't heard mentioned it's not my favorite but the departed is one amazing movie

That was definetly a great movie but it's not one of my all time favorites.

I loved mark walberg in that movie he was such an @$$hole

So true, he and Matt Damon have some of the best lines while talking to each other. Just classic.

Not in any particular order:

American Beauty - Great film about the decay of Surburbia. It's been done before...but not like this. Great performances, especially from Annette Benning and Kevin Spacey

Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Fellowship of the Ring being the best of the three.

Fargo - I just loved how this story unfolded. Frances McDormand's character was absolutely perfect. My favorite scenes were when one of his ex-boyfriends tries to hit on her in the restaurant and the last scene when she lectures the psycho killer. Coen brothers make great films. The Big Lewbowski and Raising Arizona are also some of my favorites.

Kill Bill I & 2 - You either like Quentin Tarantino movies or dislike them. Uma was riveting in her role as "The Bride". You can tell that Quentin is a movie fanatic as he pays tribute to genres that had influenced him. Kill Bill paid homage to Spaghetti Westerns, maritial art, anime and grindhouse films. The other Tarantino film that I like is "Jackie Brown".

The Graduate - I've seen this film countless times, and it continues to impress me. The best film ever directed by Mike Nichols. Great performances from Hoffman and, especially, Anne Bancroft.

Man With No Name Trilogy (Fistful of dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly) - I honestly can't say which one of these three films are most enjoyable to watch. I love the Spaghetti western genre. Would like to add "Once Upon a Time in the West" (Fonda in one of his best roles).

Badlands - It is odd seeing Martin Sheen in this role - a James Dean throwback - and Sissey Spacek as the naive love interest. Beautifully cinematography, wonderfully directed and written. One of those films that did not receive a lot of attention at first but is now appreciated for being a great film.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - I have no idea why I still find it funny after watching it a kazillion times. I also think that "Life of Brian" is halarious!

Talk to Her, Run Lola Run, Das Boot (the editted/cut version!) - My three favorite foreign film entries!

Miller's Crossing - Great mobster film with a twist.

Young Frankenstein - Hands down....my favorite Mel Brook's movie. (Yes, better than "Blazing Saddles"!). Gene Wilder was halarious. Even better were Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman and Gene Hackman (whose 15 minutes of screen time ranks as one of the best comic performances that I have seen).

The Wild Bunch - best western of the 60's? There were plenty of good ones.....definitely Sam Peckinpah's best work. Speaking of 60 westerns...."Cat Ballou" was also a good film. Not too hot on "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" - ruined by the bicycle scene and the annoying music by Burt whatshisname.

The Dirty Dozen. A perfect WWII flick. Funny, tragic, great characters.

I concur....I great film. My favorite war films are "Full Metal Jacket" (two movies in one), and "Platoon".

Most John Wayne movies, with particular emphasis on "Donavan's Reef", "Hatari", "McClintock" and "The Quiet Man".

My favorite Wayne movies would be "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", "Red River" and "The Cowboys"

Goldfinger - Absolutely the best Bond movie featuring the best Bond, Sean Connery.

Goldfinger set the formula for the Bond films. Would also say the "From Russia With Love" and "The Spy Who Loved Me" are also great Bond films.