SIGNED: LB Will Compton

I don't think we should sugarcoat for the sake of recruits. I mean, honestly, that's just fake...shoot straight and say what you want to say.

That said, I would like to echo sentiments expressed by others that the comment above was way uncalled for and (I hope) doesn't represent other Husker fans' views. Come on...parents ALWAYS have influence in their kid's lives, and rightfully so.

And you weren't really arguing for Compton to be an individual, because all you wanted was for Compton to come to Nebraska. These are not just potential Husker football players; they are young men who need to choose the path in life that's best for them, wherever it is. Treat them as such.

A lot of MU people are still holding out for him, but some recent stuff I have heard says he is leaning towards Nebraska. Apparently he wants his younger brother who is a stud wrestler to go to the same school as him. Mizzou has an awesome wrestling team, but rumor is the NE wrestling coach is coming hard at the younger brother.

Will really enjoyed his visit, was impressed with the direction that BO wants to get NU headed.

Bo, who is Catholic, actually took Will's mom to church today

no time frame when he is going to decide on which school he goes to, but it looks like it will be between NU, MU, and Illinois because they are recruiting Will to play LB, and ND is on the outside and may not even get a visit

Will really enjoyed his visit, was impressed with the direction that BO wants to get NU headed.

Bo, who is Catholic, actually took Will's mom to church today

no time frame when he is going to decide on which school he goes to, but it looks like it will be between NU, MU, and Illinois because they are recruiting Will to play LB, and ND is on the outside and may not even get a visit

Also stated that Compton will make up his mind after those schools complete their in home visits.

Anyone know what weight class Cody is projected for in college? I'm guessing 157 to replace Chris Oliver who is a senior next year.

BTW, Nebraska is so fricken tough in wrestling recently.1 senior on the team this year is heavyweight jon May.He'll be replaced next year by redshirt Tucker Lane who is like 22-2 in open tournaments this year. After next year, we lose 125 Paul Donahoe,157 Chris Oliver, 174 Brandon Browne, and 184 Vince Jones to graduation, but there are guys waiting in the wings to replace them. NCAA's are in St. Loius for two years, then in 2010 when the guys like Kenny Jordan, Rowe, Burroughs,Dwyer, and my favorite Husker Craig Brester are seniors, the Huskers are hosting NCAA's at the quest center in Omaha.We'll be better next year, as we will be a year older, and some of the tough weighclasses will clear out due to graduation,but 2010 in Omaha might just be the year the Huskers really challenge for a national title. I hope Cody is a part of it.

Anyone know what weight class Cody is projected for in college? I'm guessing 157 to replace Chris Oliver who is a senior next year.

BTW, Nebraska is so fricken tough in wrestling recently.1 senior on the team this year is heavyweight jon May.He'll be replaced next year by redshirt Tucker Lane who is like 22-2 in open tournaments this year. After next year, we lose 125 Paul Donahoe,157 Chris Oliver, 174 Brandon Browne, and 184 Vince Jones to graduation, but there are guys waiting in the wings to replace them. NCAA's are in St. Loius for two years, then in 2010 when the guys like Kenny Jordan, Rowe, Burroughs,Dwyer, and my favorite Husker Craig Brester are seniors, the Huskers are hosting NCAA's at the quest center in Omaha.We'll be better next year, as we will be a year older, and some of the tough weighclasses will clear out due to graduation,but 2010 in Omaha might just be the year the Huskers really challenge for a national title. I hope Cody is a part of it.

???????

Why are you posting this here?

???????

Why are you posting this here?

Cody is Will's brother, who is getting wrestling offers. They both want to go to the same school.