SIGNED: LB Will Compton

do not expect Compton to commit to Nebraska :wasted

I never did because no one keeps their word anymore. Signing day just needs to get here.

I think it's less about keeping their word and more about committing and then the university fires the coach you committed to play for. Nebraska changed the ground rules. Not too many kids de-commit when the coaching staff remains stable.

And these de-commits start to have a snowball effect.... Compton was pals with Gabbert and Jonas Gray, and they left. I expect Compton to stay at home in Missouri. If not, Champaign/Urbana isn't too far from his home.

(Mizzou also got a committment today from Wes Kemp - WR from St. Louis who had previously committed to Wisconsin and a teammate, Munir Prince - RB/CB who's transferring from Notre Dame to Mizzou and will play the 2009 season. Good day for Mizzou football.)

You would think that Compton would be excited about Pelini coming here, him being a defensive minded coach and compton being a defensive player and all.

True. But counter balance that with MU finishing in the top 5 this year, returning most of their team for next year (9 on defense and most of the skill offensive people), almost certainly being a top 10 preseason pick. And, Missouri has a great recruiting class going. So, they have a great deal of attractiveness too.

I never did because no one keeps their word anymore. Signing day just needs to get here.

I think it's less about keeping their word and more about committing and then the university fires the coach you committed to play for. Nebraska changed the ground rules. Not too many kids de-commit when the coaching staff remains stable.

And these de-commits start to have a snowball effect.... Compton was pals with Gabbert and Jonas Gray, and they left. I expect Compton to stay at home in Missouri. If not, Champaign/Urbana isn't too far from his home.

(Mizzou also got a committment today from Wes Kemp - WR from St. Louis who had previously committed to Wisconsin and a teammate, Munir Prince - RB/CB who's transferring from Notre Dame to Mizzou and will play the 2009 season. Good day for Mizzou football.)

Here's my problem with Gabbert. He commits to us and then calls all of these recruits and gets them interested in NU right. Then he goes and decommits from NU after all these other guys have commited and then proceeds to call them and try and lure them away from NU. That ruined his rep with me. ;)

I hope Compton is N. We have a need at LB. This kid could play a ton under Bo. The fact that he is sticking to coming for his visit is good news. We have just as good a chance as the other teams he may be considering. I think the new staff appreciates that.

I hope Compton is N. We have a need at LB. This kid could play a ton under Bo. The fact that he is sticking to coming for his visit is good news. We have just as good a chance as the other teams he may be considering. I think the new staff appreciates that.

Man, I hope we get him here!!!! :hellloooo

It sounded earlier like he was a lock. What happened?

He reopened his recruiting for some reason. :dunno

It sounded earlier like he was a lock. What happened?

He reopened his recruiting for some reason. :dunno

link? or is this just more internet rumors?

Last night on NETV, Kevin Kugler (host of Big Red Wrap Up and Unsportsmanlike Conduct 1620 am) ask Jeremy Crabtree (Rivals.com) and Sean Callahan (Nebraska's Rivals correspondent) about Compton. This was a recruiting special........ I believe it was Crabtree himself that said the Compton told him specifically that he was ONLY looking at Illinois and Missouri....this was shortly after BC was fired.... This came directly from Rivals and Compton....... Crabtree said that a few days (week) later, Compton's MOM called and said the Will had NOT decomitted, and that Will had "mispoken"..........

Both Crabtree and Callahan were very skeptical that Compton would end up at NU.....although, they agreed that it was a positive that he was at least coming for a visit...... they kind of sounded like it was Will's way of giving the new staff a chance..........

Both analysts basically thought, Mother Compton was making her son "keep his word" and at least visit......

I want this kid bad, but I don't think that we are in his top 2..... the only thing Crabtree did say, was that Missouri may be running out of schollies, and Compton may get left out...

Here's my problem with Gabbert. He commits to us and then calls all of these recruits and gets them interested in NU right. Then he goes and decommits from NU after all these other guys have commited and then proceeds to call them and try and lure them away from NU. That ruined his rep with me.

I really do not understand this... you're ok if he recruits for you, but it ruins his character if he does it for someone else? Dude just wants other good players around him.