NASCAR

bu54

I watch all the races. I used to be a 'hater' just becuase that was the 'Earnhardt' way of thinking. Fact is, the guy is a hell of a driver. The fact that he is in the throne of D.E. and isn't a good 'ol boy from the south doesn't sit well with the 'core' fans. It's just the old saying "You hate me because you ain't me!"

As far as throwing things. It is a disgusting joke/representation of the fans. No wonder the stereotype is a bunch of necks. People with half a brain wouldn't be hurling Budweiser cans on the field of play at any other sport. Can't you picture it? When Serena Williams loses in the finals of Wimbledon to Sharapova, fans start hurling their Perrier bottles at her on the court, or this past weekend when the philly Rags to Riches upset Curlin at the Belmont Stakes the crowd starts throwing their goofy hats at the jockey.

What can actually be done about it? Try and arrest as many of the people that you can. Otherwise tracks are going to stop selling beverages after the race starts or drivers will no longer do cookies and victory laps...which will just make fans hate Gordon more.

If Nascar would be helping anyone win, it would be Jr. Any track looks like a Nebraska home game with a sea of red. Want to know what color will be seen in the stands next year??? I'll let you know when the color scheme comes out for Jr's next ride.

I watch all the races. I used to be a 'hater' just becuase that was the 'Earnhardt' way of thinking. Fact is, the guy is a hell of a driver. The fact that he is in the throne of D.E. and isn't a good 'ol boy from the south doesn't sit well with the 'core' fans. It's just the old saying "You hate me because you ain't me!"

As far as throwing things. It is a disgusting joke/representation of the fans. No wonder the stereotype is a bunch of necks. People with half a brain wouldn't be hurling Budweiser cans on the field of play at any other sport. Can't you picture it? When Serena Williams loses in the finals of Wimbledon to Sharapova, fans start hurling their Perrier bottles at her on the court, or this past weekend when the philly Rags to Riches upset Curlin at the Belmont Stakes the crowd starts throwing their goofy hats at the jockey.

What can actually be done about it? Try and arrest as many of the people that you can. Otherwise tracks are going to stop selling beverages after the race starts or drivers will no longer do cookies and victory laps...which will just make fans hate Gordon more.

Well put cmb23, that exactly how I feel about it. Just a complete discrace to NASCAR and it's fans, mostly Jr. fans from what I've seen and heard.

Yes just cause Jeff isn't from "the good old south" is the main reason I think. Also it's an envious thing. The "I hate you because your good" mentality plus the excuses why he's a winner is just BS.

Just like in football weather it's college or pro's I give credit where credit is due even if I don't like a particular team.

Where is Mr. Bush going to drive next year? Anyone info? Carl Edwards is still the Man

Haven't heard he's going somewhere else but it could be for DEI to take Jr's place. :wtf:o

If the press conference today is what everyone thinks, Dale Jr. is announcing that he will be joining Hendrick Motorsports. Most are speculating that he'll replace Kyle Busch in the #5 car. Hendrick Racing is becoming the 'Yankees' of NASCAR. Drivers: Jeff Gordon (4-Time Champ), Jimmie Johnson (Reigning Champ), Kyle Busch (If he were to stay) and Casey Mears (Seems to be up and coming...if nothing else another huge name in racing). Add Junior who is overwhelmingly the most popular driver and you have a stacked race team.

Busch will have no problem finding a ride. Toyota could use some real talent in a major way.....and quick....Busch would bring that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Camry next year, possibly for Michael Waltrip.

I was just curious how many Jeff Gordon haters are here?lol

Also what do you think should be done about throwing debris on the track when he wins?

Gordon is my favorite driver. It'll be interesting to see what all of the 'I hate Jeff Gordon' fans that root for Jr cause of daddy are going to do now. Will they still hate him if he's Jr's team mate?

:rollin That's a very good point!! My guess is they'll still hate Gordon, perhaps even more cause their pride and joy is now his team mate. Though not official yet.... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Jr. fan and I think that his move to Hendricks was a smart one. He wants to win and it seems that DEI with his stepmother in control was just looking to make $$$. Hendricks will give him that chance to win.

As for the "Rainbow Retard" himself, I don't like him, but will admit that he is one of the best drivers in NASCAR.

The reason I don't like him is that he is the type to always complain about the other drivers and what they did to him, but has no problems about doing the same to them. IIRC, a good example of this was the first race at Richmond this year in which Jimmie Johnson won, he finished second, a car/team the he is part owner of along with Hendricks. He mentioned that he wasn't going to spin a teammate. If that had been a car owned by a different team, I think that he would of spun it out faster than Rosie O'Donnell would raid an all you can eat buffet.

• 15 years later...
  • 11 months later...