A spin on MOPURE

Why should he be kicked off the team. What is he? A Student - Athlete right? So should we kick every college student out of school for being in downtown bars drinking. He screwed up, YES, but why does he need kicked off the team. Send him to AA classes, anger management classes, but kicking him off the team is the worst thing you can do to him.

He shouldnt miss any games. If he goes to his classes and reports to BC and follows the rules from here on out why should he miss. A DUI on the record is bad enough. Get him help, help him change his ways and let the punishment that the legal system is going to hand out be enough.

Think back to when we were 21, i will guarantee that you did some dumb s.h.i.t. Well so did he, yet now all the sudden we want to crucify him.

Should you drive after drinking, of course not. Beat up a guy in a bar, no but its college. He didnt do anything that (probably) most of us on here, most husker fans, havent done at some point.

What is next, get a DUI miss 3 weeks of work unpaid.

A better punsishment would be no time missed as long as he follows the guidelines set forth by BC, but make him a non scholarship player. Take the scholarship away, thats punishment. Give the kid a chance to continue to better his life but make him do it on his own. The way you guys want it is "let's not play him but still pay for his education. He is sooooooooo bad he should be off the team or miss 2000 games or whatever. Make him earn his education, take him off of scholarship, but let him play. Simply cuz that is what he does and that is the best way to help him become an outstanding citizen down the road.

good point, sometimes my logic sucks. i still say let him play, hes our best WR and we need to win, he really hasnt done anything we havent done. miss the first two at the most but USC he needs to play i am greedy and want a win

winning isn't everything. We're f'ing' Nebraska...not some school that needs to bend the rules for all their players because we want to win. I for one NEVER want our program to make exceptions for athletes because they are "our best." That just pushes the idea that all professional athletes and celebrities should be let off the hook or get special treatment because of who they are and what they can do.

I DO think our student athletes should be on thin ice all the time. It's not that hard. Yes, I did stupid stuff in college and still do...but the 9 year old down the street doesn't look up to me and watch me every Saturday afternoon during football season. I've never had a DUI and never gotten in bar fights...and some how I made it through college without getting in trouble. It's really not that difficult.

Drinking and getting in fights....or playing for Nebraska and probably making a crap load of money after school....hmmmmmmmmmmm, hard decisions I guess.

Some really need to learn what Nebraska is about.

No player is more important than the mission of the Univeristy. No game is more important than doing things the right way, the Nebraska way.

Mo needs us far more than we need him.

All are guessing at this time. BC will weigh the situation and I feel confident he will make the right decision. Either way I will totally support him.

We owe Mo the help to overcome his problem. If he accepts that, then there is room for discussion. If he decides he is more important than the program, he is gone. But until we know all the facts no one should be saying he is gone or here. Time will tell, BC will tell.

He shouldnt miss any games. If he goes to his classes and reports to BC and follows the rules from here on out why should he miss. A DUI on the record is bad enough. Get him help, help him change his ways and let the punishment that the legal system is going to hand out be enough.

Think back to when we were 21, i will guarantee that you did some dumb s.h.i.t. Well so did he, yet now all the sudden we want to crucify him.

Should you drive after drinking, of course not. Beat up a guy in a bar, no but its college. He didnt do anything that (probably) most of us on here, most husker fans, havent done at some point.

What is next, get a DUI miss 3 weeks of work unpaid.

I think that is a pretty uneducated perspective. Some people lose their jobs for getting a DUI. It's not like someone that has to be on the road for a living can skate by for 60 days with a suspended license. They get fired. Some people get kicked out of school or get fired for getting arrested for getting in a bar fight. I wouldn't try to minimize this because he is 21 and in college. I did some dumb things in college, but I managed to never get arrested, let alone twice in a month span. Playing football ON SCHOLARSHIP at the University of Nebraska is a priviledge not a right. I say suspend him for 2-4 games and if he has one more incident involving poor judgement and alcohol, boot him.

As a team, they have a unity council. And before each season it is decided what type of point system they will have for disciplinary reasons. If a player acrues so many pts, the unity council decides along with the coach what type of penalty the player who commits the team violation. This of course is all decided after the law makes their decision. I am sure that the unity councils penalty and decision will not be kicking him off the team, losing his scholarship, but probably will be missing a few games and doing more than pre diversion classes now. He is at a no tolerance level now.

As a team, they have a unity council. And before each season it is decided what type of point system they will have for disciplinary reasons. If a player acrues so many pts, the unity council decides along with the coach what type of penalty the player who commits the team violation. This of course is all decided after the law makes their decision. I am sure that the unity councils penalty and decision will not be kicking him off the team, losing his scholarship, but probably will be missing a few games and doing more than pre diversion classes now. He is at a no tolerance level now.

We don't have a unity council anymore. That was done away when BC took over.

Hate to say it but Mo has ran out of get out of jail free cards. I don't see any difference in this and the baseball team troubles. Anderson gave them so much rope but still had mavericks bucking the system. At some point you have to put your foot down.

You just can't let 1 monkee stop the show.

All will have opinions of how it was handled. But none of us will really know. Those that trust BC will agree either way, the ones that don't will find away to turn it bad. Not blaming anyone for how the they feel it is just the nature of the beast

Let's let it play out and see what happens.

You know one of our greatest Huskers would not have won the Hypsoman or a National Championship if he were playing today. But he turned his life around, we will find out if Purify gets the chance soon.

You know, I have lived and breathed Husker football for 33 years. I know what it is about. I am just tired of hearing about this and posted this to change the mood. What he did is not funny nor is it good. Should he be punished to some degree, Yes? I was merely pointing out the fact that half the Husker nation wants to win no matter what and it seems like most of the other half want the death sentence for this guy. 2 games is plenty as long as he follows the rules set forth by BC. As for the bar fight alone, i dont believe any suspension was in order. Kids fight. With the addition of the DUI, yes something needs done and in all seriousness I hope BC does something. 2 games is a lot and any more would be a travesty in my opinion.