N-2008.gif

Player: Khiry Cooper

Hometown: Shreveport, LA

Position: WR

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arkansas, LA Tech, Tulsa, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida

Favorites: Signed with Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Steady WR prospect who last season caught 48 balls for 705 yards and 6 TD's. He was an All-District player as well as honorable mention All-State. Also is a stand-out in baseball.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 100% Who is recruiting in LA? This kid would be nice pick-up from LA.

• 5 months later...

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arkansas, LA Tech, Tulsa

Rankings/Stars:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Steady WR prospect who last season caught 48 balls for 705 yards and 6 TD's. He was an All-District player as well as honorable mention All-State. Also is a stand-out in baseball.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% Who is recruiting in LA? This kid would be nice pick-up from LA.

Hi, I am from shreveport, LA and have watched this kid play for a few years. good looking prospect, caught around 15-17 touchdowns this year almost always in double to triple coverage. He is just as good if not better in baseball as a cf/ss. 4.5 speed is a bit off...He seems faster on the football field...would be an excellent college WR especially if he gains some weight. I'm not sure about where he would go...Offers from LSU and UF will be difficult to beat, but maybe pelini could snatch him. He's also a really solid, nice christian kid, and should do well off the field as well as on. good luck to ya'll...if you get him your getting a great kid as well as a player. p.s. www.rodscalvarywebsite.com is CBA's school site, has stories from the year including his performances.

Visit Date:

Rankings/Stars:

Bid Red Report:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% Who is recruiting in LA? This kid would be nice pick-up from LA.

Hi, I am from shreveport, LA and have watched this kid play for a few years. good looking prospect, caught around 15-17 touchdowns this year almost always in double to triple coverage. He is just as good if not better in baseball as a cf/ss. 4.5 speed is a bit off...He seems faster on the football field...would be an excellent college WR especially if he gains some weight. I'm not sure about where he would go...Offers from LSU and UF will be difficult to beat, but maybe pelini could snatch him. He's also a really solid, nice christian kid, and should do well off the field as well as on. good luck to ya'll...if you get him your getting a great kid as well as a player. p.s. www.rodscalvarywebsite.com is CBA's school site, has stories from the year including his performances.

this is a story from a local news station on khiry...lost his father at a young age but battled back, also has some game highlights and interviews with him enjoy

http://www.ktbs.com/player/player.cfm?vide...1,1,24¤t_zone=1

Visit Date:

Rankings/Stars:

Bid Red Report:

Too slow! Really, especially at 'skill' positions we need to start fielding more guys with 4.3 type speed, or 4.4 minimum. Speed, speed , speed!

But it sounds like he's got a knack for the position, so that's the most important thing. I just think we need some serious homerun hitters at WR and RB.

Visit Date:

Rankings/Stars:

Bid Red Report:

Too slow! Really, especially at 'skill' positions we need to start fielding more guys with 4.3 type speed, or 4.4 minimum. Speed, speed , speed!

But it sounds like he's got a knack for the position, so that's the most important thing. I just think we need some serious homerun hitters at WR and RB.

Calm yourself. A guy coming in with 4.5 speed and you're complaining? Some guys have came in slower and worked down to 4.4 speed.

Visit Date:

Rankings/Stars:

Bid Red Report:

Calm yourself. A guy coming in with 4.5 speed and you're complaining? Some guys have came in slower and worked down to 4.4 speed.

Just can't get excited about 4.5 or even 4.4 anymore. We have some of those guys already and our team generally looks slow, especially at skill positions. Now, if he's got a unique receiving talent, then I'm all for it, but we need guys that are serious threats to take it to the house, not just catch it.

Doesn't look like he's gotten too many big time offers.

Just can't get excited about 4.5 or even 4.4 anymore. We have some of those guys already and our team generally looks slow, especially at skill positions. Now, if he's got a unique receiving talent, then I'm all for it, but we need guys that are serious threats to take it to the house, not just catch it.

There are in fact very few that actually have sub 4.5 speed coming out of HS. Most of those claiming to have that speed are really 4.5 - 4.7 but have inflated or handheld times.

There are in fact very few that actually have sub 4.5 speed coming out of HS. Most of those claiming to have that speed are really 4.5 - 4.7 but have inflated or handheld times.

Well, all I know is that there are a number of teams that have at least one legit 4.3 in their offensive mix these days, a guy that scares the 'buh-geezus' outta ya: Noel Devine(WV): that short guy on LSU(name?); those guys on Wake and Ball St: Maclin(MO), is either 4.4 or 4.3; DeMarco Murray(?) seems pretty damn fast once he gets going, plus he's an incredible talent; Michael Crabtree(TT); Jamaal Charles(TX); etc.

What I'm driving at is NE has to start looking more like OU, LSU, FL, USC in terms of speed and talent, or we're not going to get to the promised land.

Our D looked pretty slow this year as well, in addition to playing just plain BAD(though they have some talent there).