Tickets For KIDS

I just sent a mass email promoting this idea. Thanks again 8up.

Thanks for the email notification, Blackshirt. I've passed it on to C.R.A.B.S. and the WDC chapter of the Alumni Association. Being a "local" game to us, I know there are a lot of potential donors in our groups as we were planning to saturate the game, just as we had @ PSU and Pitt in previous years. And even though the other Big Red in this area (University of Maryland) is playing down there later in the year and we could have made a killing on reselling them to locals, I'm sure most will "play it forward" and donate. I know I will.

Now, as for the UofMD alum that I had agreed to sell my tix to, I wonder if he will be satisfied with the WF 2006 ACC Champion poster I got in the mail the other day as a season ticket holder..... :hmmph

Awesome! Glad to hear it, and thanks for the help spreading the word. :thumbs

• 1 month later...

Wake fan here.

Great idea, guys. Thanks for your support of the local kids.

Many of us enjoyed our trip to Lincoln in '05 (despite the obvious outcome of the game), and look forward to having you here. Even in ACC basketball territory, we have a lot of fun with football. Wake is the 3rd smallest Division I football program, and we're in the midst of a major stadium renovation that will be evident when you're here. But Groves Stadium is a small, cozy venue, and it will be a great atmosphere on September 8, for sure.

Wake fan here.

Many of us enjoyed our trip to Lincoln in '05 (despite the obvious outcome of the game), and look forward to having you here. Even in ACC basketball territory, we have a lot of fun with football. Wake is the 3rd smallest Division I football program, and we're in the midst of a major stadium renovation that will be evident when you're here. But Groves Stadium is a small, cozy venue, and it will be a great atmosphere on September 8, for sure.

Thanks for the props, Deac. We look forward to a great game in "your house". A bunch of us from Maryland are staying at the Mariott Downtown Greensboro if you are close to that location, come out Friday night and we will buy you a beer or two - or three... or four....

Thanks, Maryland Husker.

As the time gets closer, I'll make sure myself and some other Deacs post some area-specific info for the weekend, as well as some tailgating locations.

One thing that's nice about the small size of our stadium is that all of the tailgating is fairly centralized. I know that NU folks booked Ernie Shore Stadium (the baseball stadium where our minor league team plays, which is actually owned by WFU) as the pregame festivities location . . .that will be a fun spot.

Wake fan here.

I'm glad to hear from a Wake fan, when I thought of this I really didn't think of what Wake fans would think I just thought it would be good for the kids. As a kid I was influenced by Big Red and now I'm a season ticket holder and have kids that are more Husker 8up then me (well almost). I just think it will be good for the community and the kids and maybe someday these kids will be season ticket holders in your renovated stadium. I have only been to one other away game but I'm looking foward to the trip to Winston Salem for a great game. Thanks for your support 8up :cheers