Castile

i see mendoza on the return team and possibly #3 because he was here in the spring and has a leg up on the competition. i don't think culbert will be needed on the o-side of the ball unless someone gets hurt before castile is ready to go.

however, castile may be the next AP and just blow everyone up when camp starts and jump right in to the mix

alot of it will be how fast he picks up the blocking schemes that will be required

I agree, he came here bc he was told he will be the feature back of the class. I really dont think that the coaches would tell him that with the idea in their minds that they arent even going to give him a shot. Now maybe once he gets on campus and they find out he would be better suited for fullback they would move him. Aside from all of this it would be flat out stupid to move someone with his running ability to fullback where he might get the ball once a game. Some people might say we would use the fullback more if he was there, not enough to account for his talent.

i agree, if past history is any indication Lucky and or Glenn may miss some time due to injuries. Castille could easily see action as a frosh, just as did Lucky and Glenn, only more so.

What about future history?

Sorry - just couldn't help myself... ;)

can we please keep focused on the present history :lol:

i agree, if past history is any indication Lucky and or Glenn may miss some time due to injuries. Castille could easily see action as a frosh, just as did Lucky and Glenn, only more so.

What about future history?

Sorry - just couldn't help myself... ;)

i know AR, like all of us, you are hoping for the best.

Do you guys think that the possibility of Lucky (the speed guy) leaving early will maybe hamper the time given to someone like Castille and give it to someone like Mendoza especially since he was here for the spring.

well, that is pure speculation, Lucky will need to have a season of a lifetime to leave early. i just don't see that happening at all.

I wouldnt worry about Castile in the FB role. He was recruited as a RB and not as a FB. We wouldnt have got him if that was the case. Besides, this offense is getting more into the H-back than a full back. The 3 guys fighting for the fullback spot are all walk ones, and only the guy who ends up the starter has any real shot at a scholarship. Castile is a RB.

I could actually see Castille as a fullback this year and then running back the rest of his career here. If he is as good as I think he is, then he needs to be on the field in some sort of way. I think that is one thing that BC needs to work on is getting more playermakers on the field. He seems to always stay with the conventional running back, fullback, tight end, two reciever looks when he could change it up to get more playmakers out there.

boy, i agree. he needs to open his mind up to formations/personnel that he can feature for better results. let's hope he spent the off season thinking about this thought.

What? He ran all sorts of 4 TE 1RB -3TE 1WR 1RB- 2TE 2WR 1RB- 2TE 1FB 1RB-3WR 1TE 1RB, the formations and mixture of guys for different packages is something IMO he did well. Not to mention using alot of freshmen on special teams to get them on the field. ;)

he showed no imagination when it came to putting 2 or 3 backs in the backfield....hell, i can't ever remember when Jackson, Glenn and Lucky were EVER on the field at the same time, not one godamn time.........EVER. guess that would have been stupid, eh? guess we will never know, eh?