Recruits and "facebook"

Lots of talk of players and this facebook site. What is it? Can fans be in violation of recruiting rules? Many of us are boosters and thus not allowed to speak or communicate with recruits in any fashion.

face book is a site where you make your own site and put pics or whatever and talk to people I guess the official name would be a "social networking site" I used to have one but I don't use it anymore

It's basically myspace, but without the seizure-inducing and cringe-worthy pages. It gives you about all the same options, and it also places a large emphasis on schools, organizations, etc. In fact you can't even join a lot of "networks" on facebook without a proper email (for example of you wanted to join the UNL network you would need a unl-provided email address)

So it started out as a social hangout site for college kids. A really large percentage of college students have facebook. It's since expanded to high school, and most recently, anyone can join. Once upon a time, it was nothing like myspace; it has since moved in leaps and bounds in that direction.

So it started out as a social hangout site for college kids. A really large percentage of college students have facebook. It's since expanded to high school, and most recently, anyone can join. Once upon a time, it was nothing like myspace; it has since moved in leaps and bounds in that direction.

One of the reasons I went on Facebook was because it was nothing like MySpace. Now I don't go on it nearly as much.

Lots of talk of players and this facebook site. What is it? Can fans be in violation of recruiting rules?

I imagine your post here answers this question. Supporters of college programs may be violating recruiting rules by emailing or texting or otherwise communicating (myspace, facebook, etc.) with recruits.

It might also be a little weird for 50 year-old man to ask to be a 17 year-old's friend.

I never really thought about that. I had Andre Jones as a friend on Myspace before he signed to play for the Huskers.

Ha, ya. I'm not a booster or anything, but I have Zac Taylor, Ndumakong Suh, Ola Dagundaro, and Maurice Purify as friends on there. I also had Adam Carriker as a friend at one point in time.

• 3 weeks later...

I never really thought about that. I had Andre Jones as a friend on Myspace before he signed to play for the Huskers.

Ha, ya. I'm not a booster or anything, but I have Zac Taylor, Ndumakong Suh, Ola Dagundaro, and Maurice Purify as friends on there. I also had Adam Carriker as a friend at one point in time.

Do you talk to those guys at all???

Do you talk to those guys at all???

Left comments on their walls after games occasionally, I believe awhile back Taylor wrote something on my wall, but that was a long time ago. Like alot of people on there, it was moreso to provide encouragement/congrats.