2005 season "do over"?

OK, so OU forefits all of its 2005 wins, including the nailbiter over us.

In the "can't do anything about it" category, WE are now elevated to a #3 conference finish that year, and should have gone Holiday vice Alamo (although I wouldn't trade anything for the upset over Blue!).

An interesting side benefit to this story, is that our record now jumps from 8-4 to 9-3, and that means our run of consecutive 9-win seasons - one of the many, many records Frank flushed down the toilet :madash - begins a year earlier. Two in a row now!

OK, so OU forefits all of its 2005 wins, including the nailbiter over us.

In the "can't do anything about it" category, WE are now elevated to a #3 conference finish that year, and should have gone Holiday vice Alamo (although I wouldn't trade anything for the upset over Blue!).

An interesting side benefit to this story, is that our record now jumps from 8-4 to 9-3, and that means our run of consecutive 9-win seasons - one of the many, many records Frank flushed down the toilet :madash - begins a year earlier. Two in a row now!

nope unfortunatly we don't get the extra win the only thing that happens is that their record goes to 0-4 that year none of their wins are put down that's all

Well, I mean, think about it. The NCAA can't just wipe statistical achievements of players on other teams that they may have achieved through games against Oklahoma that year. They're not going to say, "Okay, you have this NCAA yardage record, but because we're vacating the OU game for violations of another university, we're going to take this record away from you because well, that game never happened."

The NCAA ruling in this case has to be the biggest joke ever. Take away wins that everyone saw happen. Take away more scholarships.

Um. They did take away the wins. Their record is now officially 0-4 for the season.

I think he was saying "Take away wins that everyone saw happen." In a sarcastic/under his breath type of tone and was saying instead of taking away wins that everyone saw and knew they won take away some more scholarships to really hurt 'em???

The NCAA ruling in this case has to be the biggest joke ever. Take away wins that everyone saw happen. Take away more scholarships.

Um. They did take away the wins. Their record is now officially 0-4 for the season.

I think he was saying "Take away wins that everyone saw happen." In a sarcastic/under his breath type of tone and was saying instead of taking away wins that everyone saw and knew they won take away some more scholarships to really hurt 'em???

Exactly what I was saying. Therein lies the joke. The NCAA essentially farted when everyone thought they were gonna poop.

Yes, you will never take away any wins that everyone saw. Everyone still knows who the best team was on the field.

Financially is the only way to prove a point to a rogue (if that's what they are) athletic department. Scholarships are one way, but what about the funds from their appearance at the Holiday Bowl? The rest of the conference benefitted, also, so just take OU's portion back and redistribute.

Well, I mean, think about it. The NCAA can't just wipe statistical achievements of players on other teams that they may have achieved through games against Oklahoma that year. They're not going to say, "Okay, you have this NCAA yardage record, but because we're vacating the OU game for violations of another university, we're going to take this record away from you because well, that game never happened."

:yeah